Home

Go Back   MotoCampers Forum > Main Category > General Forum > Trailer-Campers
Open_Road

Old 01-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
fabricater

Motorcycle campers

I would like to buy a motorcycle camper this coming year.I have ruled out the time out and like campers. I would perfer something that is alittle faster and easyer to set up than the time out kind.Ilike the rollahome,leesure lite and minni mate,or campers similar with the hard top.I would like to find a used one.If anyone heres of any let me know.
fabricater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
SILVERTIP

Re: Motorcycle campers

contact SHEILA at ROLLAHOME. She is trying to keep a list of people selling their campers and advice on used ones....
SILVERTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
tourusaon2

Don't rule out the Aspen campers. I think they are the best made campers on the market. The Ambassador has a hard top and they have a hard top for the Classic as an option. Check them out at www.trailmasterinc.com
tourusaon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
G wizz

Not only are the Aspen campers well made, they are one of the fastest to set up ...
That's something to consider when you need to set your camper up in the rain ...

G

G wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Hoot

I love my Rollahome worst part about setting up and taking down is the storage area allows me to over pack. I can set up or take down in no time but spend 20 minutes or better gathering my gear.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
ImRubicon
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
I love my Rollahome worst part about setting up and taking down is the storage area allows me to over pack. I can set up or take down in no time but spend 20 minutes or better gathering my gear.
Have to agree the worst thing about any camper is now you can bring even more stuff you might not need.
I have a Roll-A-Home and would vote for it but most would vote for thier own brand and I dont hear to much bad about any of them.
Roll-A-Home is about the easiest to set up and fast with one person which is one reason I chose it
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
fabricater

Thanks for the replies.
I havn't ruled out the aspen or bunkhouse and like the easy set up and storage they offer.The down side for the soft top campers for me is the worry of mice getting in and chewing the tenting.I had that problom years ago with a pop up camper I had at the time.I am thinking the hard top would help keep un wanted things out.The mini mate by Kompact Kamper looks good to me but the storage is limited and the dressing area is small to none,but the set up is fast and it is light and small to pull.The last camping trip in oct.I set up a tent and took down the tent in the rain,so easy set up is the top of the list.
fabricater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
G wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
Thanks for the replies.
I havn't ruled out the aspen or bunkhouse and like the easy set up and storage they offer.The down side for the soft top campers for me is the worry of mice getting in and chewing the tenting.I had that problom years ago with a pop up camper I had at the time.
Moth balls work to keep those unwanted criters at bay, along with wadded up tin foill stuffed into openings and crevices where they might enter.
OR ... you could just throw a cat in your camper when you park it for the winter ...

Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
kdf9511

Quote:
Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
Moth balls work to keep those unwanted criters at bay, along with wadded up tin foill stuffed into openings and crevices where they might enter.
OR ... you could just throw a cat in your camper when you park it for the winter ...
Steel wool also works well in the openings.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
G wizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
Steel wool also works well in the openings.
Yes, steel wool works too, but you have to be carefull ... If it rusts, it will leave rust stains on the fabric that are hard, or impossable to remove ...
Wadded up tinfoil won't do that ...

G

Tags
campers, motorcycle