Thread: Camp chair build

Camp chair build

Hi all,

I am trying my hand at building a camp chair based on the Kermit chair. I want the challenge of building one myself.

I have the wood and ms some other odds and ends, so I will post pictures as the build happens. I welcome comments and feedback.

Thanks
    Shawn

Re: Camp chair build

Didn't Dusty build his own Kermit-Clone chair a few years back???? Someone on here did......and it was done very nicely!!!
    I gots a face only my mother could love......and she has suggested plastic surgery!!!

G Whiz (George) did one for him and one for his bride
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Yup, George did a very nice job on the two he built!

He made the legs longer so you don't need the Aluminium extensions and added some fabric between the seat and the back so your arse don't slide out the back when the humidity is high and the Cordura stretches some!

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

I hope mine ends up as nice as those. I've read over his build thread a few times, but I didn't notice the extra fabric to block the butt sliding. Another great idea. I hope I can get cutting on my chair later this week.

I have sat in George's chairs, in fact I tried to walk away with one but he was way too quick to let me do that, and I can tell you his chairs are every bit as comfortable as my Kermit chair is. I wish you lots of success making one. I know George spent a LOT of time on the two he did and it shows in the craftsmanship.

I am in Europe (The Netherlands) and the original Kermit would cost me $280 with shipping and leg extension.
    This is a lot. I am handy so I can build it myself, but I have no clue about the sizes for the legs etc to get a good strength.
    Is any one of you willing to share the drawings or any other info of this design?

I might be able to build a birdhouse but I bet you could not sit on it. LOL

Buttset