Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kermit Chair

Re: Kermit Chair

My wife made me one of those bags to put my Kermit chair into. What an idea. it works way better than stuffing the chair into the bag. Now I just break down the chair, lay it in the bag with the leg extensions and zip it shut. I'm glad she is a seamstress by trade.

I am thinking about trying to make my own Kermit chair like Gwizz did last year. I started making some drawings and realized quickly that I needed to get more information to get the proportions correct. I was wondering if someone on the forum who has a Kermit chair would be willing to supply me with some dimensions from their chair. I would send you a PDF file with a layout and have you fill in the dimensions from your chair. Better yet if someone in Northeast Ohio has a Kermit chair I could stop by and take the measurements myself. I live 30 miles south of Cleveland and 20 miles north of Akron. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Roger L

Good luck. I'm working on one too. I'm just winging it.

Maybe if you asked reallllly nicely Gwizz might just forward you the dimensions of what he built?

I would love to get the dimensions from the chairs that Gwizz made. I was reading his old post last night "Classy Camp Chair" and he did a fantastic job on the (2) chairs that he built. I have not seen Gwizz around on the forum for a while. I thought I read that he was taking some time away from the forum after the new year.

Thanks
    Roger L

OK, lets try another approach. Could someone who has a Kermit chair set the chair up and place it on a table with a yard stick or some type of scale next to it and take a SIDE view picture of the chair and the scale. If you do not want to post the picture here let me know and I will send you a PM with my E-Mail address so you can send me the photo.

Thanks
    Roger L

Quote Originally Posted by rogerl View Post
    I would love to get the dimensions from the chairs that Gwizz made. I was reading his old post last night "Classy Camp Chair" and he did a fantastic job on the (2) chairs that he built. I have not seen Gwizz around on the forum for a while. I thought I read that he was taking some time away from the forum after the new year.

Thanks
    Roger L
    PM him...he will respond
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I realize this is an aging thread, but I just came across it and thought I'd share
    my experience with the Pico and Kermit chairs.

I bought the Pico several years ago, and I would also say my experience with them
    has been pretty much the same as Blue Travelers experience. They break easy.
    I think my weight may have something to do with it as well. I think they're rated
    at 250 lbs.

I bought a "Wide" Kermit chair with leg extensions and have been very happy it
    except for one thing. The front bow shaped brace that goes across in front of the
    seat causes my upper legs to hurt after sitting for awhile. This only happens if the
    leg extensions are installed as to make the chair recline. Short ones in back and
    long ones in front. The fix is that I simply don't install the brace. I doesn't seem
    like the chair is less stable and it doesn't hurt my legs.

I don't have a problem when the chair is in the upright set-up, long extensions in back
    and short up front.

Bottom line...the Pico chairs I have are used by the lighter weight folks around my fire
    but the Kermit is mine.

For what it's worth.

I'm still using my alloy express lounger. I'm 6'-4" tall and just hate sitting on the ground or in a low chair. My XL Express is rated at 300 pounds its a little wider and taller than the regular one, paid around $50 for it but the prices have increased. Saw an aluminum one rated at 250 pounds at REI recently for like $57. I think its worth the 10 pounds if I'm camping a few days, especially at a base camp. When I use it I can get up and down easily unlike the other camp chairs guys roll out of. I weighed 319 pounds when I started using it I think, but I'm down to 244 now. I was careful with it early on, but it easily carries my lighter weight now.

I probably posted pics before, can't remember... here they are anyway, mine is a few years old now, its starting to sag a bit:

The Pico is made by the same folks but, its less durable, rated lower, smaller and heavier. Not sure why you would want one with the better Alloy Express lounger and Alloy Director Chair versions available. Good option for tall guys.