Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kermit Chair

Kermit Chair

I received my new Kermit chair and leg extensions yesterday and thought I would write up my initial impressions of it. It was easy and quick to put together. It is beautifully made of high quality materials and construction. A real work of art! But the main thing--after sitting in it for a few hours last night while watching TV, etc., I can safely say it is very comfortable. I had no problem in quickly taking it apart and packing it back in its snug carry bags (one for the chair and a small one for the leg extensions). From everything I've read it will hold up well in actual moto-camping use. I will be carrying and using it on some upcoming trips and tours in the coming months. If it does not live up to my high expectations I will update this post further, but for now anyway, I am impressed and really like it. Yeah, vanity struck and I got my name embroidered on it, but from what I've read people without Kermits like to commandeer others' Kermits when camping and/or sitting around the camp fire (I've seen this myself. LOL), so maybe having my name on it will help me get to sit in it more. ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Kermit Chair 033015.jpg  
    BillF
    Palm Coast, FL

2006 ST1300 ABS
    STOC #6311

Re: Kermit Chair

Yes, we had a thread about them a while back. I went on to buy one myself, and I agree, they are teh bomb.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

I bought one used last year.......$90 shipped (I think)....have yet to use it. One thing: it ain't lightweight!! But maybe that's one reason for their comfort and robust-ness!!??
    I gots a face only my mother could love......and she has suggested plastic surgery!!!

Another option instead of having embroidery placed on the front of the chair is to have a patch sewn on. This isn't a factory option, but something you would need to do or arrange on your own.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

I've owned 2 different Kermit Chairs. The first I sold after being drawn to a PICO Chair. It failed me, was replaced and then failed me again. It was once more replaced and was passed along to the wife. Back to Kermit again and I'm here to stay. One more thing other Kermit owners might consider is this cool carry bag that all the parts fit in leg extensions included. A couple friends had them and I finally popped for my own. Never again will I worry if I packed the legs.

http://www.cyclenutz.com/Kermit-Chai...Bag_p_863.html

And if you happened to get the BIG GUY kermit like I did it too fits in this cool well made zippered bag.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    ....... One more thing other Kermit owners might consider is this cool carry bag that all the parts fit in leg extensions included. A couple friends had them and I finally popped for my own. Never again will I worry if I packed the legs.

http://www.cyclenutz.com/Kermit-Chai...Bag_p_863.html

And if you happened to get the BIG GUY kermit like I did it too fits in this cool well made zippered bag.
    That appears to be made by Brady (Storm Industries), from over at ADV.
    He was the one that made my custom rear seat gear bag I designed and my tarp pole bags, before I got my new sewing machine.
    Might just have to sew one of those bags up for my wide boy Kermit.
    Thanks for that link, Keith!!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    That appears to be made by Brady (Storm Industries), from over at ADV.
    He was the one that made my custom rear seat gear bag I designed and my tarp pole bags, before I got my new sewing machine.
    Might just have to sew one of those bags up for my wide boy Kermit.
    Thanks for that link, Keith!!
    STORM Industries is where I went first. Seems they were closed for the holidays or something and I needed it for a up coming trip. There site directed me to Cyclenutz and I was able to get it in time. Was only available in black at Cyclenutz while at STORM it was available in many colors. Wanted red to match the chair so I settled for black to have it in time for my trip.

They have a kermit link in Reviews here on the forum.

Im one of those that will always say just because you sent the most normally doesnt mean you got the best.

The kermit chair was one of the most costly camping chairs I have ever purchased (and it doesnt even have a Harley patch on it )

I have had two and as my arse got wider I upgraded to the wider one .
    Money well spent with no doubt at all as its the best chair for me
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

I would like to get one of these chairs, however I would need two because the wife would need one also. I guess I need to start saving my milk money. lol

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

I would love to have a 'sit-off' between the Kermit and this little guy...

http://www.helinox.com.au/helinox-chair-one.php

I've read several reviews and watched a couple videos, one by a guy that makes me look little. I got friends that have Alite chairs and they are pretty nice if you can get up off the ground. I can't very well, but this chair you don't gotta. Not trying to detract from the Kermit's, just seems this one would be a pretty good contender for a well made chair.