Thread: Teton ComfortLite Pillow

Teton ComfortLite Pillow

Having reached the age where I no longer sleep well stuffing jackets and clothes into a sleeping bag cover for a pillow I purchased this pillow from Amazon after doing quite a bit of research. It cost $21.47 (free shipping because I have an Amazon Prime membership). I received it a few days ago and while I have not used it camping, I have been using it for the past few nights as my pillow in our bed.

The specifics:
    Self-inflating: (This worked very well and pretty fast and it self-inflated to a good size. In fact I think I let a bit of air back out for comfort.)
    Pack size: 12" x 4"
    Packed weight: 12 oz
    Inflated size: 18" x 10" x 4"
    Top fabric: ComforTech Stretch Microfiber (This is very comfortable against the skin, but I am using a pillow case to keep the pillow clean.)
    Bottom fabric: Non-Slip heavy-duty to keep it in place (if not using a pillow case)

Impressions: I have found it to be a very comfortable pillow and I sleep well using it, so what else matters? It appears to be well-made of quality materials. It comes with a lifetime limited warranty. I believe it is just what I was looking for in a pillow, but if this turns out not to be the case after I get some actual moto-camping experience with it I will update this post further to reflect my experience.

Here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teton_Bag_1.jpg   Teton_Bag_2.jpg   Teton_Pillow_Front.jpg   Teton_Pillow_Back.jpg  
    BillF
    Palm Coast, FL

2006 ST1300 ABS
    STOC #6311

Re: Teton ComfortLite Pillow

I like the compact size, might have to give one of these a try. hauling around a standard pillow takes up alot of room. Not sure how the wife would like it she is pretty set with her neck foam pillow but maybe with the adjustable air she could get it to work.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

I have a blow up camp pillow that's surrounds the blow up core with down. Can't remember the name and too lazy to dig it out. It's pretty comfortable, packs really small. It isn't as big as yours and that looks comfortable.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

I would also be interested in how this actually works for you camping. I am using a very old beat up down pillow, known as Boo Boo, which compresses away to nothing and is fairly light but I am always open to trying new things.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

That's similar to my MEC Base Camp Pillow, which is what I use.

I dislike small, thin and soft pillows. This one is 16"L x 12"W x 8"D when fully inflated.

Silicone dots on bottom help prevent the pillow from skidding out of place.

I made a fleece slip case for it so I can launder it to keep the pillow clean and roll it up in

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Another option is the Thermarest Compressible Pillow. I've been using the medium sized one for motocamping for a few years now and find it comfortable. For maximum loft, machine wash and tumble dry.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    Another option is the Thermarest Compressible Pillow. I've been using the medium sized one for motocamping for a few years now and find it comfortable. For maximum loft, machine wash and tumble dry.
    How small does the medium compress down to when traveling?

I don't have the exact measurements, but the product listing on the REI website mentions that it packs to 1/5 the actual size.
    In this video, you can see what the medium sized pillow packed up looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
    How small does the medium compress down to when traveling?