Thread: Camper Information?

Camper Information?

Hello everyone, I am new to this form. My name is mike and I posted this question in the general form, but after reading on here I think I should have put it here.

My question is, does anyone know anything about a camper called a Sport Camper (at least that is what is written on the side of the camper). I have seen one in a camp ground and really like the camper and just trying to find out more about it. Like who made it and when it was last made? It looks a lot like the Leesure Lite only a little bigger, but not quite as big as a shur camp. I found a picture of it on Bing Images but can't figure out a way to get it to post here.

mike

Re: Camper Information?

Can't help with the trailer question but welcome to the forum. Someone here probably as the info.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I presume this is the one that you are looking at?

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

dam, that's big
    2003 BMW K1200LTE
    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
    Will Rogers

Looks like it opens up like the RAH.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

Reminds me of a Leisure Lite
    Calman - 2003 1800 GW Trike, 2007 Aspen Sentry (sold 2012), 2012 Mini-Mate Camper, 2014 Timeout Slipstream Camper (sold 2016)
    YNCM, USN-Retired (64-90) RVN Vet, Patriot Guard

If I remember right, it was made by a fellow in Jackson, Michigan. At the time I was towing a Combicamp with my Goldwing, and it was too wide to be safe, there was a guy in Jackson that was making a slimmed down version of combicamp that I looked at a couple of times in Jackson. I really wanted one but couldn't find a buyer for the combicamp, so never was able to get one before I lost interest. It was very similar to Leisure Lite in that you had to store your stuff on the bed and on top of the closed camper. I liked the under bed storage in my Roll-A-Home better.
    Lloyd and Judy in Columbiaville, MI.
    2013 Ural Patrol
    2012 Burgman 400
    We tent camp

(Threadstarter)

Yes that is the picture I found, thanks Dusty for posting it. (I tried to but could not get it to post).
    Lloyd do you remember what year that was? I pull a Bunkhouse now and it great for me and the wife, but when I go solo I would like some thing a little smaller, and of course I would like the one that is as rare as hens teeth. I guess I will take a better look at a leesure lite. Doesn't everyone need two campers?

mike

Re: Camper Information

Quote Originally Posted by Servicebdu View Post
    Thank you, I looked though there website a little bit and it wasnt very clear. Maybe I need to revisit them. Thank you On the note of flatbeds, Does anyone know anything specific I need to look for when choosing one of these? Does a camper need anything special? Thanks
    well we are new to all this. what we required was the ability to access items from storage while in tow. And the idea of setting up and everything still kept dry if raining. The Aspen suited our needs just fine. She pulls with her 3 wheeler. I have reservations about pulling with my Harley due to the width and possible wind drag. Just think long and hard what you want from your investment. And your tow vehicle.
    Good Luck and Enjoy