Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to do Members with Camp Sites/overnight accomodations

Re: How to do Members with Camp Sites/overnight accomodations

We have room if you can catch us home!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    We have room if you can catch us home!
    Well, Y'all got a point there. I'm gone somewhere about 6 months of the year.

BTW, don't even ask about June 14th, 2015. That's the date for the Gilmore Vintage Car Show.
    http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/even...show-swap-meet
    Got folks visitin' from Wisconsin that date.

I don't have a spot, but thank you Deb for stepping up, and getting something going.
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

[QUOTE=Senior;133850]I'm game for a section under each state for us to list information on hosting overnight camping and such. Great idea![/QUOTE

I think what you have on you post, would work. You have your location, over night camping welcome, a tent and a big fire.
    If you had more info in your profile, they could look there. If I saw that tent & big fire and you location. I would get in touch with you, if I was traveling your way. JoeA

I'm interested, have camp space with electric and water, shower and bathroom, Shop, tools, lifts and limited knowledge, truck and trailer. Also may provide bedroom if it's available, we host lots of people on various forums. There will be a cost for this service and that cost is for you to share travel/bike stories while here. We are in Eastern NC and looking forward to meeting some of you. 252 714 0582....call or text. or beesandbikes@gmail.com

Im in as well. Tenting , trailer spots with hook ups, fire ring, indoor and outdoor showers. Great spot to use as base camp for exploring southern British Columbia and Alberta.
    97 GL1500SE Darkside
    custom built tent trailer
    I wonder where that road goes? Lets see!
    Over night campers welcome repeat......

Site Supporter

I think this is a great idea. I have space for tents, popups and a spare guest room to use. Also have tools, trailer for hauling bikes as well as a hydraulic lift and shop full of tools. Oh, yeah and two ferocious 8 lb dogs that think they are guard dogs!

Jim

count me also

I have been on a couple lists for many years. I usually have several people stop by and camp throughout the summer. Instead of "re-inventing the wheel" you can get some ideas from those already in existence or members here can join the other sites.

https://mtfta.jasonjonas.com/index.php

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869519

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    I have been on a couple lists for many years. I usually have several people stop by and camp throughout the summer. Instead of "re-inventing the wheel" you can get some ideas from those already in existence or members here can join the other sites.

https://mtfta.jasonjonas.com/index.php

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869519
    Thank you for your input. I appreciate it very much. I will be using a few informational ideas from both of those places but overall here is my take on it.

MTF - I am a member there and have been for years. They have someone who runs an off line database for the MTF Touring Assistance program. That is not something I am willing to undertake as I don't have the cycles to do it. Now if you would like to do that.......................

Advrider - They do theirs via Google maps. It also requires an administrator to make updates to the map after the user enters their data in the appropriate thread. That is also, IMO, more overhead work than is needed for this small of a group.

Let me insert a few facts and figures. As of right now we only have 15 users who have expressed any interest all. Assuming the approach I have suggested is used the overhead is very, very limited and might be worth the work. Add more overhead work to it and it becomes very questionable unless someone is willing to step up to setting databases/maps outside of the forum software.

This is the stats for Motocamper Forums as of today:
    Members: 3,270
    Threads: 7,576

As you can see 15 users out of 3,270 is not very many. Therefore the level of effort for this needs to match the interest.

My intent is to leave this post active for at least 7 days and then count up the numbers. If we have 30 to 50 people interested, I am willing to put in the work to do the posting and such.