Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to do Members with Camp Sites/overnight accomodations

How to do Members with Camp Sites/overnight accomodations

Folks,
    I have been batting the idea being discussed in another thread on how we could actually do a listing of members who have space for camping and/or accommodations they are willing to share. Below is what I have come up with and if there is enough interest I have Trailace's blessing to make it happen.

So here is how my idea works.

1) I will post a message in each state area asking for basic information to be posted such as: City/State you are located in, Type of accommodations you have available (tent camping, trailer camping, spare bedroom in house), washroom facilities available (Don's John, outhouse, inside only)

2) Trailace will make each message sticky in the state section

3) Members post their information

4) If you want to stay in their area, you can PM the member with space available for more information while providing your own information.

Since this would all be located within our forum there is no need to update any other application like on the map. To me that is a positive.

Downside is the information on the board will only be as good and current as each member keeps their own listing. If some "disappears" and does not respond to a PM, then they don't respond and that is the end of it. If they do respond then it's all good and perhaps you have a free night of camping available to you in your travels.

I am interested in your thoughts and suggestions.

Like I said, if there is a bunch of you interested then by all means I will put together a message and have Trailace make it sticky in each of the state sections. If only a limited number are interested, then they can exchange information and there will be no need to pursue this.

Please give me your feedback.

Deb

Re: How to do Members with Camp Sites/overnight accomodations

I have space near GR, Michigan. Only a few miles from George.
    Where do I sign up?

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by TNtraveler View Post
    I have space near GR, Michigan. Only a few miles from George.
    Where do I sign up?
    LOL! Let's wait and see how many people are actually interested but I will say you are certainly interested

Have a RV site with 30 amp elec. in the Hill Country of Texas.

This sounds like it could provide the info. The nice thing about the map was the ability to pick a spot on your route. At least posting by state does get you in the area.
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

I have lots of room and am interested in your idea.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard Riders

I'm interested as well. However, I do like the method the "camper map" allows one to get a better view of the location of the "site donor" which assists the traveler with trip planning. In addition to simply saying "I have space available..." in the signature block or some other place, one can also go to the "map" for more precision in locating the "donor."

I'm game for a section under each state for us to list information on hosting overnight camping and such. Great idea!

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

count me in I have a toy hauler that will seep 4-6 plus 1 bed in the house. meals can be worked out. zipp se ohio

Count me in as well, the "tent space" thread on another site has worked great and my family has really enjoyed hosting riders from around the world.
    650 VStrom, Ural Gear Up