Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

Re: ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table

Quote Originally Posted by Wingunner View Post
    We will not start camping with our new-to-us Aspen until the upcoming season. We set it up here and 'camped' in it off and on for a couple weeks to try things out.
    I have been looking at the options for tables and chairs and have pretty much ruled out anything without individually adjustable legs. Looking at what Dusty and a lot of folks are running, maybe I should re-consider my check list. Is it pretty easy to work around non-adjustable table legs in most camp-ground set-ups? I don't want to have to carry a bunch of wedges, shim shingles and wood bits to stabilize a table. I don't need anything strong enough to hold my oversize self up to 'change light bulbs', I'm looking for a solid platform to handle the cook-stove/kitchen duties.
    I understand. I often times use one these on my motorcycle campouts. Here I have them out on a van camping trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0318.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	15380

I look forward to using this campmate organizer I just recently purchased. I hope to use this on top of my folding stove kit and the stove on top of it.

Name:	organizer.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	15381

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Seeing as I just picked up my camper in late Aug last year, I haven't had a lot of trips using it under my belt yet, but I have had it set up at 6, or 7 different campgrounds using those tables and I have had no issues at all with the legs not being adjustable! Mind you I had been camping at established campgrounds where the campsites (both gravel pads and grassy areas) have been fairly level to start with.

The tables are just the right size for use inside the camper and I can actually fit both beside each other inside my Sentry's 5' x 5' dressing area. (although I don't have a photo of that)

My 3 main criteria for the tables were weight, (3 1/2 lbs each) open (19"x19"x24") /folded size (28"x19"x2") and price. ($19)

Name:	AL  table in use inside.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	15382 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 AL tables in use.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	15383

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

This is great info. I try to do my homework on stuff like this so I only have to purchase once. I of course prefer low cost for my toys, but if I have to wait a bit while I save coin of the realm for a preferred product I'll do so. I too am really watching the weight thing and it seems that some of the tables (and chairs) I have looked at, give up strength, usability (and probably longevity) for the sake of a few ounces. I am very glad to have the knowledge of the forum members to draw from with their real-life experiences with different products. I don't have to re-invent the wheel!

Friend of Bill W.
    (Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingunner View Post
    This is great info. I am very glad to have the knowledge of the forum members to draw from with their real-life experiences with different products. I don't have to re-invent the wheel!
    I hear you. I had some old camping gear when I first started motorcycle camping that I adapted but then started searching for what worked for me. Had I explored this site before I made moto-camping a priority, I probably would have some different choices. As it is, I have added extra gear after reading about those things here.

The nice thing about this forum is that it removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. Most are not brand / lifestyle dependent and just share what their experience is with various equipment, attire, motorcycles, camp grounds and routes. All good stuff.

Principles above personalities.

Usually.

Oh yea. And we have a knot instructor on board.

See, had I not started reading posts on here and other motorcycle forums, I would still be outfitting in my 1945 leather bomber jacket and my helmet and mask like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helmet and mask.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	15384

As it is.... all this stuff keeps Santa happy. (Me)

Name:	me.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	15385

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    If you want a small and lightweight table, and your both handy and looking for a winter project, why not build one?
    Here are two different sets of plans. I just picked up a 10" sliding miter saw, so one of these projects is definitely in my future.

1. Make a collapsible table for concerts in the park
    2. Gonzo roll up table
    Great idea there. Have to look into it since I lost the home made table I was using when I sold the Mini Mate.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA