Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAH questions

RAH questions

Couple questions for RAH owners. Probably covered in other threads, but because I'm in the market for a new camper and the attention RAH has had over the last week I started looking into them. Actually I hadn't even considered one until now. Long story short, I went to RAH website and looked it over. Watched the videos they offer, which left me with two questions. I'm sure there's more to learn, but these are enough for now.

First question - pertains to the wide bed, when the bed slider is extended what supports it? Am I missing something? I see no braces. Are the slider brackets that strong? Seems to be quite susceptible to damage from any weight being applied.

Second question. When you flip the top over it becomes the dressing room floor. Seems to be plenty of braces on the lid to support the floor, but what about uneven ground. When the ground is level all the braces are probably supporting the floor (lid) evenly. However what about uneven ground? I would think an uneven surface would put a lot of stress on the lid's hinge, plus I would think the floor would be wobbly (flexing). Is this an issue of concern, and if so how do you deal with it?

Re: ROH questions

Both great questions...am waiting for a few responses.

Under the bed extension there is two Velcro pads where two extendable braces go.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

The wide bed slide out has two "legs" that can be used to support the weight. They really aren't needed, the slide out is plenty strong enough to support the weight of your legs/feet. Upper body is over the main trailer. Definitely need the legs if you are going to go crawling out on the slide out with your full body weight.

Uneven ground isn't a big deal. I carry a few small 1x4's that I put under the cooler in the cooler rack and slide them under the floor if the ground is real uneven. Floor has NEVER felt wobbly, exact opposite, it always feels real solid. We had a Aspen type camper with the canvas floor and really have appreciated the solid floor under our feet especially when the ground is uneven/rough.

We have been very happy with our RAH.

Uneven ground isn't a big deal. I carry a few small 1x4's that I put under the cooler in the cooler rack and slide them under the floor if the ground is real uneven. Floor has NEVER felt wobbly, exact opposite, it always feels real solid. We had a Aspen type camper with the canvas floor and really have appreciated the solid floor under our feet especially when the ground is uneven/rough.

We have been very happy with our RAH.[/QUOTE]

We had a standard bed, so don't know about the wide bed, and did the same thing with uneven ground, carried six pieces of 1X4 in the trunk of the bike to use under the dressing room floor if needed, and once in a while had to put one under a tire if the ground was uneven.
    Lloyd and Judy in Columbiaville, MI.
    2013 Ural Patrol
    2012 Burgman 400
    We tent camp

We have 2010 widebed the wife and I really enjoyed this
    last year.
    I'm on the side I was really impressed with the RAH.
    If your going to be sleeping more than one
    I would recommend the widebed for the extra room. The slide out for the wide bed is really simple and offers so much more room for those hot summer night.
    I would also look for one that has the doors on both sides of the camper, it allows you to be more versatile with your camping area options and don't forget the awning.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Appreciate the responses. Trying to get as much info as possible on the various campers as I'm not really sold on anything just yet. Will definitely have one before spring as I sold my cargo trailer last week and camping will be limited if I don't replace it with something.

If I knew an RAH was for me I'd probably jump on the one for sale on the RAH forum. May regret it but I'm just not ready yet. But for those interested now, there's a 2012 wide bed for sale ($3700) on the RAH website (forum). Says it includes just about every option available. I tried joining the forum to get more info, but having trouble with the process. Still waiting for them to verify my email address. Anyway, heres the link http://www.rollahome.com/forum/for-sale

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Thought of another question.

Seeing the cargo space is what it is (18.5) it looks as thought getting the extra box would be a valuable option. However the potential for over doing tongue weight is another concern. Any lessons learned or pro and cons with this option?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ-97 View Post
    Thought of another question.

Seeing the cargo space is what it is (18.5) it looks as thought getting the extra box would be a valuable option. However the potential for over doing tongue weight is another concern. Any lessons learned or pro and cons with this option?
    store your lighter gear in the box, or you can add heaver items too increase tongue weight.

The 2012 RAH widebed for sale with all the options sounds like a heck of a winter deal. If its somewhat close to you and at that price, its probably worth your time to go look at.
    I have the cooler rack on the front of mine, but the cargo area allows us ample space for our camping needs.
    Though, do to my wife work schedule last year all our camping trips the RAH was pulled behind the CRV. I did get the scooter set up to pull the RAH and made a few trips around town and it was no different than pulling my old escapade cargo trailer around. I think the biggest thing is to balance the load inside the trailer correctly.