Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you use Woodall's Campground guide and did you know?

Re: Do you use Woodall's Campground guide and did you know?

Something I found was, coupons for camping, and other things that have more than paid for my book.
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    Something I found was, coupons for camping, and other things that have more than paid for my book.
    Gary
    Thanks Gary. Since the book was free with my AAA membership I could really pay off the membership with coupons

Price very's at different AAA. I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago and paid $3.95 each at my AAA of southern New England, I found a new (to me) camp in Mass. and went there this weekend. Would not have known of this camp otherwise. it's a great resource. also I would like to recommend this camp ground Wompawuck State Park. very clean and nice sites.

Tried to find a updated guide but could not find any - has this publication died off - it will be a shame if it did as it was a great resource

Another thing to consider when buying AAA is that you can get coverage for towing a motorcycle. In Canada ( CAA ) the "Plus" covers motorcycles. I'm not sure about a trailer, you might have to get an RV package for coverage. Although the tow truck would be able to load both the motorcycle and trailer on the deck at the same time. Might have to tip the driver. ( I'm a CAA tow contractor )

--
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Another thing to consider when buying AAA is that you can get coverage for towing a motorcycle.
    I have the AAA Plus RV.
    This membership type provides up to 100 driving miles of towing for motor homes, pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers (including fifth wheel), motorcycles, camping trailers, snowmobile trailers, and boat trailers.

Back in 2016, I broke down on I-75 near Chattanooga, Tennessee while pulling my Aspen pop-up camper via my motorcycle.

My clutch stopped working. Turned out my jam nut for the screw adjuster vibrated off.
    I was able to get the motorcycle over to the breakdown lane and proceeded to call AAA for service. Literally within three minutes one of those department of transportation roadside assistance trucks happen to see me and pulled over. There was nothing they could do to help me out (they have jumper cables, help with tire changes, etc), but the lady made sure I was getting some sort of assistance, and provided me with the name, address and number of the nearest HD dealer.

Anyways, AAA operator shows up. I load my bike on the flatbed. He ties it down, and asks me to verify everything is strapped properly and looks OK. He then changes the hitch-ball on the back of the flatbed to a 1-7/8" ball so we can also pull my pop-up camper. He's able to adjust the height of the hitch-ball so my tongue on my camper is level and he takes me to the HD dealer. Dealer (Thunder Creek HD) is about ready to close their service shop. They do me a solid and said they'll take a look at the bike and if it's something simple, they'll fix it this evening. It's something simple and they fix it.

Since my Bushtec trailer doesn't have a hitch ball but a hitch pin, I'm sure it that situation, we'd just load the cargo trailer on the flatbead with the bike.

Over the years I've called AAA a few times for issues with cars, motorcycles, vehicles I was in but wasn't driving and I've never had a poor experience.
    AAA covers the member in any vehicle they are in. They don't have to be the registered owner of the vehicle which is nice. Another example: My mother's car had a slow air leak in a tire. I couldn't get the tire off the car since she didn't have the key to the locking lug nut. Called AAA and had them flatbed the car to a tire repair center.

I think my cost is $123 per year. It's like insurance. You don't want to pay for it, but when you need it, you're happy you have it. I also take advantage of some of the other benefits of AAA, like some of the discounts at hotels and restaurants.
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II