Thread: Tishomingo State Park, Tishimingo, MS

Fir Tree Tishomingo State Park, Tishimingo, MS

This is a very nice park just south of the Alabama/Mississippi Border at Milepost 304 on the Natchez Trace Parkway. One of the "originals" in the MS State Park System its park buildings are constructed of locally quarried multi-color sandstone.

In addition to being a natural area, it has 6 fully-furnished cabins, 62 RV pads (most with W/E), tent camping, group meeting facilities, fishing, picnic areas, a 13 mile nature-hiking trail , kayaking/canoeing. The adequate bath/shower were okay but could have been a bit cleaner (several youth and hunting groups using park the night of our stay-27SEP). No individual sewer hookups but they had a free dump station next to the Outdoor Chapel. No garbage pickup site noted in the park but there was a dumpster next to the Ranger Office at Entrance.

Though it did have quite a few youth and hunting groups the night of our stay, it was relatively quiet after 2200. Will definitely stay here again but only I'll plan to arrive earlier in the day so as to avail myself of the nature trail and other scenic areas of the park.

Rate for a campsite with W/E was $18.00 but I got the Senior Rate of $13.00. All RV campsites I saw were back-in.

Note: Because the Natchez Trace Parkway does not allow commercial activities within its confines, make sure you get ice and other needs before entering the park.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSCN0815.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	14651
    View of the lake from my campsite (No. 15)
    Calman - 2003 1800 GW Trike, 2007 Aspen Sentry (sold 2012), 2012 Mini-Mate Camper, 2014 Timeout Slipstream Camper (sold 2016)
    YNCM, USN-Retired (64-90) RVN Vet, Patriot Guard

Re: Tishomingo State Park, Tishimingo, MS

Excellent write up. Thanks for posting

Stayed there several years ago. No problems, went into town to eat and get supplies. would go back if in the area. Zipp

Yep very nice park, stayed there back in 91. Heard they were having a problem with water staying in lake. Will stay there again when doing the trace.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Great review...and on spot. Stayed there a couple of years ago while traveling the Natchez Trace...Thanks for the write-up.

Stayed there last weekend. Great review.
    BTW, If you guys get there and run low on "liquid ground softener" Iuka, MS is about 12 miles north up Hwy25.

Today's subliminal message is: ( )

We stayed there last year on our trip down the Trace and were very pleased with the park. It's close to Shiloh so we used it as a base camp for day trips.