Thread: Pressure Cooker Beef and Noodles

Pressure Cooker Beef and Noodles

At the PA Campout I cooked dinner for Gary & Dusty. Gary requested I post the recipe here because he wants to make it at home so here ya go.

1lb lean beef sliced thin (I have used sirloin, stew beef, chuck w/fat cut out...whatever is on sale works if you remove the fat!!!)
    salt/pepper to taste
    1/2 cup onion rough chopped (chopped/frozen at home)
    1/2 cup celery rough chopped(chopped/frozen at home)
    1/2 cup carrots rough chopped(chopped/frozen at home)
    1 sprig each of thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, bay leaf all wrapped up in kitchen twine or cheese cloth and frozen w/veggies
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    4 cups of beef broth (or 2 cups beef and 1 15oz can of chicken broth) low sodium version works best for me
    1 bag of the small/fine egg noodles but use which noodle you like the best.

Note: For camping I freeze everything but the noodles and pull them out the day I want to cook them. The items stay frozen for 3 days in my Polar Bear cooler. Also worth noting is I used my 2.7L GSI pressure cooker for this so adjust recipe to fit your PC. I also used my electric hot plate but could have used my two burner stove. It would not work well over a fire because you need constant heat on the PC.

1) In PC put oil and let heat to medium high
    2) Add in beef with salt/pepper to taste and brown beef (about 5 min)
    3) Add in all vegetables cooking them until onion is translucent (about 3 min)
    4) Add in 2 cups of broth and the herbs (hold back 1 can of broth)
    5) Place lid on PC and heat until weight is rocking.
    6) Reduce heat to gentle rock and cook for 8 minutes
    7) Let PC sit until pressure releases it's self (do not quick release)
    8) Remove lid, remove herb bundle, and add in rest of broth
    9) Bring to a hard boil without pressure...DO NOT LOCK YOUR LID!!!
    10) Add in noodles and cook for package recommended time

I serve this with Idahoan Baby Red Potatoes which I make according to the directions on the package except cut the water in half and use half milk/half water and a pad of butter. If you really, REALLY love someone you also serve corn to go on top of the taters and noodles...starch, starch served with more starch!

This recipe as above will serve 4 very hungry campers or 6 campers with normal appetites. We tossed out a serving or so.

Re: Pressure Cooker Beef and Noodles

Thank you Deb. I copied it, and we are having it tomorrow. Can't wait to see how my son likes it.
    No tell Motel Moody

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer