Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Packing on top

Re: Packing on top

Thread is getting close to coming to a stop.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Thread is getting close to coming to a stop.
    I am DUN..done

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Camping means different things to different people, just as pack light means different things to different people!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Camping means different things to different people, just as pack light means different things to different people!
    Camping with a motorcycle is a different animal altogether ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Camping with a motorcycle is a different animal altogether ...
    When I refer to camping on this forum, it goes without saying I mean by bike, George!

I've always been of the opinion keeping the loaded weight of the bike under the manufacturers stated GVWR and towing capacity a pretty good guideline.
    When I rode 2 up I rode BMWs, at the time they had a higher load capacity rating than the Goldwing.
    Don Ricks
    Atlanta. Ga

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    When I refer to camping on this forum, it goes without saying I mean by bike, George!
    Well ... DUH!

There was a mention of a case and a half of h2o going along for the ride. I discovered on a trip that when you stop for fuel at a travel center and check out the available liquid refreshments, a lot of gas stations have gallon jugs of drinking water and it's pretty cheap, like a couple of bucks. Has nothing to do with this subject, just thought I'd throw that money saver out there. I do drink the water in the bottles when I'm on the road to hydrate, but when I'm camping, its main use is to brew coffee in the A.M. and I usually just get it out of the tap. Hasn't got me sick yet. Most other liquid consumption for me is sparkling adult beverages )
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Quote Originally Posted by bvail View Post
    There was a mention of a case and a half of h2o going along for the ride. I discovered on a trip that when you stop for fuel at a travel center and check out the available liquid refreshments, a lot of gas stations have gallon jugs of drinking water and it's pretty cheap.
    FYI ... Most grocery stores and places like Wal-Mart have the gallon jugs of water also ...

Deb and I spent two weeks on the bike 'camping' (we had a tent, air mattresses, sheets and blankets, but NO cooking stuff).
    We did not pull (or own) a trailer on that trip. We toured from Illinois to Canada (circled Lake Superior).
    We each had a saddlebag (1990 Yamaha Venture) for our individual stuff. My only comment to her was that she could take anything she wanted, as long as what she wanted, fit into her saddlebag. The trunk contained the bedding and the trunk rack had the tent. We had rain gear and leather riding gear. Oh, and a tank bag.
    She received several comments while on the trip from other motorcycle pillions that they could never do what she did (as far as packing). In fact, Deb had room in her saddlebag to buy several items on the trip (Norwegian sweater, souvenirs, 'pretty rocks', etc.
    And if it makes any difference, this was the FIRST overnight motorcycle trip she had ever taken.
    Just sayin'.
    Kevin M. Campbell
    1991 Yamaha Venture Royale "Tuxedo", Neosho Streamliner Trailer
    R.I.P. (thanks to a cage) 1990 Yamaha Venture Royale, Dart Trailer