I recently made a trip to Vermont to pick up some parts for my GoldWing. My plan was to ride the bike, but two days prior, I blew a head gasket so I had to drive the cage. Since New York signed the "Safe-Act" I wasn't too interested in spending the night in New York, but I had to do what time and distance permitted me to do. The place I stayed at was the Alps Family Campground just to the East of Albany. http://www.alpscg.com/

https://maps.google.com/maps?biw=128...d=0CIcBEPwSMA0

$30.00 per night for water and electric - sorry no Wi-Fi, but no problem. With my Verizon tablet, I had great reception. The Campground caters to the permenant RV sites but there is one loop for tents, and it is secluded enough that I didn't have to listen to all of the commotion that comes from the activity of the permanent sites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	14254

The site provided a flat spot for the tent, lots of shade among some TALL Hemlock trees, and a fire ring: just about everything that was needed for a two night stay.

Name:	Site.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	14256

If I had one complaint about the campground, it was only because of my motocamping background: the gravel road. I have no problem riding on them but others may so I want to point that out in this review: the loop road through the tent area was more dirt/rock than gravel... just something to consider.

Name:	Tent Loop.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	14255

The bath house is located quite a distance away from the tent loop, but there was a port-a-john located next to the fishing pond, so it wasn't very far to go when it was time to go! Speaking of the bath house, the building may have been a bit dated, but the facilites inside were not - it appeared to have been recently overhauled within the past 2 or 3 years.

Name:	Bath House.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	14257

Oh and judging by the signs in most of the yards in that area, Andrew Cuomo and the "Safe-Act" is not too well liked by the people in that part of New York.

Overall, a nice place to stay for a decent price and I would stay there again.