Thread: Jetboil

Jetboil

I just tried out my new Jetboil, I used it to cook a couple of freeze dried meals and Romin noodles, it worked out great, I really like it.

This thing will come in very handy.

Clean up is easy.

I also bought the coffee press for it and used it to make coffee.
    David Hogerheide

2015 BMW K1600GTL
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800

Re: Jetboil

It's a beautiful thing. I wouldn't bother with the pans as they get too hot, IMHO. Great for making coffee and boiling h2o for Mountain House type meals. Wish they (meals) weren't so expensive, but Costco sells a case of 10 for 45 bucks.

For cooking food in a can I use a Coleman single burner propane stove, an old steel coffee can or any large sauce pan would do, boil water with the can of chili, Dinty Moore stew, or whatever suits my fancy.

I give five stars to the JetBoil. The butane lasts a long time and you can buy more at Walmart or sporting goods stores.
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

They are a nice little stove. I have used mine for heating water for the freeze dried meals, oatmeal and hot water for Folgers coffee single serving tea bag thingys. I got mine 6-7 years ago and I have carried it on all my dual sport or Goldwing tent camping trips.
    On my camping trips with my new to me RollaHome the plan is to use my two burner propane stove with the jet boil as the third burner
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870

(Threadstarter)

I am looking at getting the fry pan but it is around $45 plus I would need the stabilizer for another $25 or so. To much to spend right now, not sure I know how much I would use it, I'm not much of a cook. Romin noodles are pretty cheap.

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dthogey View Post
    I am looking at getting the fry pan but it is around $45 plus I would need the stabilizer for another $25 or so. To much to spend right now, not sure I know how much I would use it, I'm not much of a cook. Romin noodles are pretty cheap.
    I bought Jetboil in a kit that had the large fry pan and the stabilizer. So far, it has never been used and lately it has been left at home. I think it would be useful for cooking some hotdogs or warming up a large can of chili.....something like that.

I really enjoy the Jetboil on road breaks along the road and for making coffee and oatmeal in the morning.

I use this Colman stove when toting the trailer:

Here is a setup when moto-camping with the trailer:

When car camping, my kitchen looks like this:

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    I really enjoy the Jetboil on road breaks along the road and for making coffee and oatmeal in the morning
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    So far, it has never been used and lately it has been left at home
    Sort of a oxymoron isn't it Larry Do you use it or just forgot that you had used it or just dreamed on how to use it.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Sort of a oxymoron isn't it Larry Do you use it or just forgot that you had used it or just dreamed on how to use it.
    I am glad you asked, as perhaps I need to explain myself better.

I use the Jetboil all the time.

Here shows a complete kit:

It is the frying pan attachment that has not been used at all and gets left at home.

This is what I bring along on all trips. This makes my first cup of coffee on any trip regardless, in a motel room, in the tent during a rain, in the rest areas, in the parking lot of the gas stations and so on.

If I use it for cooking, it is purely Mountain House meals, which I always carry with me so in the event I am running late, I will always have some food at the campground.

In fact, if you look at the kitchen setups in my earlier post, you would see a blue Kelty bag sitting on top of one of the kitchen organizers. That Kelty Blue bag is my solo, no trailer kitchen travel bag / coffee making kit. The Kelty Bag doubles as a kitchen sink as it will hold water. It also holds my protection that goes in tent at night. This is the inside of that Blue Kelty Bag:

Last edited by lytle1gw; 06-15-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: wording

Now that makes sense, I was getting very confused or having dementia there for a while.