Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally camped this year with the RAH

Re: Finally camped this year with the RAH

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    Thank you for sharing. Glad you had a good trip. Good way to find out how the camper will work. Every camp trip counts, even the shake down trips. The ones complaining were setting home looking out the window.
    Gary
    Yup! Gary nailed it. I'd a lot rather been out even riding today 65 degrees instead of putting stuff up and getting ready for Astro.
    Randy
    2009 Road King 2014 Mini Mate sold
    2016 Road Glide Ultra
    2017 Aspen Classic

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    Thank you for sharing. Glad you had a good trip. Good way to find out how the camper will work. Every camp trip counts, even the shake down trips. The ones complaining were setting home looking out the window.
    Gary
    You're absolutely right! Looks like it's going to be a long winter....

Quote Originally Posted by Sujada View Post
    Yup! Gary nailed it. I'd a lot rather been out even riding today 65 degrees instead of putting stuff up and getting ready for Astro.
    I did get out on a short ride with the SO. No camper though, just a lunch run, about a hundred miles.

Heck don't let a little winter stop ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-07 15.23.48.jpg   2013-01-07 15.21.24.jpg  
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    Heck don't let a little winter stop ya.
    I might not be getting any smarter but I'm dam sure getting older and picking the bike back up after sliding on the ice isn't as easy as it once was. Seems to hurt a bit more then it used to as well.

Gary, when I asked you about the plug on your RAH you said a flat five because it didn't have brakes, now when SEMO Traveler is selling it, he says it has brakes! Or wasn't the one you sold him the one with the flat five plug????

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    Gary, when I asked you about the plug on your RAH you said a flat five because it didn't have brakes, now when SEMO Traveler is selling it, he says it has brakes! Or wasn't the one you sold him the one with the flat five plug????
    Yes it had a five flat on it, plus a flat two for charging battery in the storage pod. He might of changed the plugs but yes it has brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetick View Post
    I did change the wiring just a little bit after I got it from Gary. It has a flat 5 for the lights and ground. Then it has a flat 2 which is for the brakes and charge battery. I ran the brake wire to the accessary switch on the dash plug. That way if I was in a rough parking lot or campground I could easily turn the brakes off. Seems to handle better at slow rough speeds that way.

Early on this forum was mostly ADV bikes that would go up to God's country and the riders would debark with their backpacks filled with little bitty tents, stoves, gorp, what have ya and do the basic thing. Of course some still do and that's all right. This here forum has seen a lot of change over the years, don't think way back when there was even a trailer or camping trailer folder.

I think OP's camping experience was genuine in as much as it was a 'shake down run'. You if you keep it up, might get some additional flack from some of those old timers... Good idea though, especially this time of year
    Aspen Classic Camper, 06 GL1800

My Pics: http://www.picturetrail.com/bvail My trailer forum: http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

Quote Originally Posted by bvail View Post
    You if you keep it up, might get some additional flack from some of those old timers... :
    Any know WHO he is referring to as "old"? Can`t be me!
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!