Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Wheel Trailers

(Threadstarter)

Re: One Wheel Trailers

Sharon and I went Niagara Falls for Memorial Day weekend and then did the vineyard tour of Ontario.

One stop and part of the reason we went was St Thomas where they make Third Wheel Trailers. Talked to Juan for quite some time and got a lot of info and saw construction of the trailer. It has to torsion suspension and a shock to keep the wheel from bouncing uncontrollably. It looks bigger in person than it does in the pix. I also liked the hitch that on the Tiger mounts to the rear axle.

I put down a deposit and it should be ready in about 4 weeks. I'm excited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0044.JPG  
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wrchael414 View Post
    Sharon and I went Niagara Falls for Memorial Day weekend and then did the vineyard tour of Ontario.

One stop and part of the reason we went was St Thomas where they make Third Wheel Trailers. Talked to Juan for quite some time and got a lot of info and saw construction of the trailer. It has to torsion suspension and a shock to keep the wheel from bouncing uncontrollably. It looks bigger in person than it does in the pix. I also liked the hitch that on the Tiger mounts to the rear axle.

I put down a deposit and it should be ready in about 4 weeks. I'm excited.
    That trailer looks pretty slick.

I think one could lash sleeping bags on the top of it, which would allow for more gear inside of it.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    07 Kawasaki 900 Custom LT
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter
    11 Honda PCX 125cc Scooter (hers)

Getting old and picky - bought a self contained slide in camper. Queen bed (mine, never rented to the masses) flat screen TV, freezer, frig, shower & toilet (same as bed-mine only), microwave, stove, oven, generator, slide out. Trailer wing to ideal spots, cloverleaf day rides for @ a week, out and back in a big fat comfy truck. Works great for old folks. However, still like to pull my MC cargo trailer with camping stuff - you'll love it.

Shirty

In wrchael414's posting he mentions the hitch mounts to the rear axle. If I remember right most Tigers have a hollow excel. The use of a bolt passing through the rear axle is how its done. The hitch looks like a wishbone with a side to side pivot point right behind the rear wheel. from there a draw bar goes back to the trailer. A long draw bar is desired so there is no wag at speed while underway. The hitch for a Can-Am spider mounts the someway, bolt through the rear axle only having a ball rather than just a side to side pivot point.

Here's my one wheeled trailer I built years ago on a Uni-go trailer.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211