Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Wheel Trailers

One Wheel Trailers

I've been looking for a one wheel trailer for the Tiger because I just can't quite get enough gear on the bike when 2-up to camp comfortably. Looking more for an enclosed trailer than an open platform.

I have looked at Uni-go, Third Wheel Trailer, N-Line and I just found Monogo.

I don't need a very large trailer and have been leaning toward TWT but just found Monogo but their website looks like it hasn't been updated recently.

Anyone here have actual experience pulling one of these or some other trailer I haven't found.

Finding a hitch could be an issue so if you have a source for those, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill & Sharon - 2007 Triumph Tiger

Smile Re: One Wheel Trailers

I had one built from a set of plans I got from a fellow ScubaDave on the Honda ST1300 owners website. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I've towed it at over 100mph, and it's rock steady. It's long enough to carry golf clubs too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trailer 008.jpg  

Re: One Wheel Trailers

here's a link to ADV & a trlr thread

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113997

might get some ideas there

good luck w/ your quest

sw
    Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now! steve ('08 ural gear-up, dr350, ttr230)

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

I had a burro trailer that had a great suspension and a 100 lb payload capacity. I hooked it up to my Helix and was going to paint it to resemble a Coke Cooler. I got it working fine, but the functionality of the Helix 250cc scooter and a trailer wasn't too practical. I always got into conversations about the combination when at the grocery store, but it never became a daily use thing. I already had the Goldwing and a two wheel trailer that I could also pull with my Silverwing Maxi Scooter.... so I sold it as an uncompleted project.

However, it tracked really well and it did everything a small utility trailer would do behind a motorcycle. I paid $100 and sold it for $200. If you google burro trailer, you can find them out there.

Here is a write up on the Burro. It includes more pictures of the one I sold, but is also a great source for other single wheel trailers.

http://www.singlewheel.com/Scoots/Burro.htm

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    07 Kawasaki 900 Custom LT
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter
    11 Honda PCX 125cc Scooter (hers)

I was discussing single wheel trailers with several guys who have pulled all types of trailers from tent trailers, two wheel and single wheel. The consensus was to forget the single wheel and pull a two wheel. And the one most preferred was a Bushtech, saying you just don't know it's back there.

I have a 2010 Tiger and haven't found a company that makes a hitch for it. Have you located a hitch that fits that the Tiger, and if so would you share the link.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TxTiger View Post
    I was discussing single wheel trailers with several guys who have pulled all types of trailers from tent trailers, two wheel and single wheel. The consensus was to forget the single wheel and pull a two wheel. And the one most preferred was a Bushtech, saying you just don't know it's back there.

I have a 2010 Tiger and haven't found a company that makes a hitch for it. Have you located a hitch that fits that the Tiger, and if so would you share the link.

Thanks
    I would discuss this with some off grid camping riders to see what their opinion is on one wheel vs two wheel trailers.

I like the Unigo trailer for some additional cargo. Capacity of the 1 wheel trailers is limited but some find them very effective.

Hitch for your bike:

Karen and Fred Burger
    30 Highland Road
    Ulster Park , NY 12487

845-339-3390
    888-458-3390

Have over 3500 satisfied customers
    e-mail: fred@fredstrailers.com

His website is:

http://www.cyclematetrailers.com/Home.html

His claim is this: If it is not listed on his website, then the hitch is not available. I bought my hitch for my Drifer here. The link directly for hitches is here:

http://www.cyclematetrailers.com/motorcyclehitches.html

Thanks Larry, but darn, no Tiger 1050. They did show some Triumphs though.

(Threadstarter)

I don't need a lot of extra room and I feel small 1 wheel trailer would fit the bill. I'm worried I'd forget it's there and not leave enough room for a 2 wheel trailer. The only off road I'd ever do is from the road to the camp site.

Third Wheel Trailer (1 wheel) has a hitch that will fit the Tiger 1050. It uses the hollow rear axle as the attachment point. But I don't know it can be used with any trailer other than theirs.

The referenced trailer site did have N-Line trailers but they look really big and I think they'd look odd behind the Tiger.

Here's the link for TWT: http://www.thirdwheeltrailers.com/
    Last edited by wrchael414; 04-04-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added link, added

Quote Originally Posted by TxTiger View Post
    Thanks Larry, but darn, no Tiger 1050. They did show some Triumphs though.
    Call him and see. He could have not updated his website. His main focus is selling trailers but he makes sure that the customer can pull them.

Bill was very helpful to me. My Drifter hitch ended up being unusable as it was shipped due to the fact that builder specified that the hitch is for a two up seat, not a solo. I ordered the hitch and specifically said that I had a solo seat. As a result, he was willing to give me my money back, plus to pay me for the shipping. Once I found a solution and had a could of things fabricated, he paid me for the fabrication instead of taking it back on a refund. Everyone wins on that.

He is a biker moto-camper himself.

Quote Originally Posted by wrchael414 View Post
    I've been looking for a one wheel trailer for the Tiger because I just can't quite get enough gear on the bike when 2-up to camp comfortably. Looking more for an enclosed trailer than an open platform.

I have looked at Uni-go, Third Wheel Trailer, N-Line and I just found Monogo.

I don't need a very large trailer and have been leaning toward TWT but just found Monogo but their website looks like it hasn't been updated recently.

Anyone here have actual experience pulling one of these or some other trailer I haven't found.

Finding a hitch could be an issue so if you have a source for those, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Bill
    I owned a Monogo for many years and cross Canada and USA 3 tines with that trailer. My only concern is to look et the back to verify if is still there.The best thing about this trailer it is co narrow it is possible to enter it in a motel room like a luggage case.