Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Polar Bear coolers who uses them and how are they?

Re: Polar Bear coolers who uses them and how are they?

So the Polar Bear 24 fits into all three coolers you listed?

Quote Originally Posted by lqqk_out View Post
    What size Coleman cooler do you use that the Polar Bear 24 fits into?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    I have three main hard sided coolers that I use:

Coleman: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DP67KZ4/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Igloo 48 can cooler: This is the older one that is no longer sold.

12 can retro cooler: http://www.amazon.com/American-Retro...ke+cola+cooler
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

No, the 24 can cooler will fit in the top two. I just listed all of my coolers. Most of the time, I use the 12 can cooler inside of my larger coolers, but I have used the 24 can inside as well. Sometimes I use the soft sided coolers for kitchen supplies and they go into the trailer. I like plenty of options.

Before I purchased the 12 can soft sided cooler, I used to use a 6 pack cooler with dry ice inside of the larger cooler for ice cream treats.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

I had 3 sizes. The smallest is only good for a couple items and still have room for ice. The middle size is my favorite and most used--until the zipper broke, and I can't figure out how the zips separated.
    IF THE WIND IS BLOWING, I'LL BE AT THE BEACH

Quote Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
    I had 3 sizes. The smallest is only good for a couple items and still have room for ice. The middle size is my favorite and most used--until the zipper broke, and I can't figure out how the zips separated.
    I would believe that Polar Bear would help you with that. Call their customer service and ask "what do I do?" They will probably have you send them the cooler and you will get a brand new one back. Maybe they will only want you to send a small part of the cooler back to verify you have one.

Customer Service #: Leslie 888.438.7924

FROM THEIR WEBSITE Q&A:

Q: Can you put dry ice in the cooler?

A: You can use dry ice in the cooler as long as it does not come in contact with the liner. If it touches the liner, you will have problems. The liners is not meant to come in direct contact with dry ice. Thank you! Leslie 888.438.7924

Note: So I use the dry ice inside of a brown paper grocery bag. It doesn't take much dry ice to keep your ice cream rock hard inside the 12 can cooler.

good idea larry. I assumed 2 or 3 years would be beyond any warranty.

I just looked at the warranty period, 1 year. However, those folks want their product out there and are small enough to make exceptions on things. Send her an email asking:

Customer service
    leslie@polarbearcoolers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Also, Privateer, congrats on kicking the insulin habit, however you did it.
    Thanks! After VA cut my gut up some, some strange things happened. First, my pancreas started making insulin again, though not at the rate a "normal" person's would. Then I lost over 150 pounds in about a year or so, and that helped a whole lot, because what insulin my pancreas made worked better with less body fat. And, since I couldn't eat very much in any given day, I had to concentrate on protein and vegetables. Only a few grams of carbohydrates a day, which caused my blood sugar (glucose) levels to drop drastically.

So I went from insulin dependent to controlled blood sugar level part magically and part by severely cutting carbohydrates. To this day, I may splurge on a carbohydrate at times, but its not more than 10% of my total food intake any given day.

I will sell my very good MediCool I got from Polar Bear, with the remote thermometer, gel tumbler, plastic ice bag, and neoprene vial socks for nothing more than shipping cost to anyone on this forum that needs one. I don't need it, and its too small to be of general use.

PM me, first PM that says s/he uses insulin gets it. I'll take PayPal for shipping cost because I can pay for the shipping label with PayPal.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
    The smallest is only good for a couple items and still have room for ice. The middle size is my favorite and most used--until the zipper broke, and I can't figure out how the zips separated.
    TRUE: the 6-pack is more like a 4-pack + some ice.
    Kite..........if Leslie at PB can't help you (but I'm willing to bet she will....she's a sweetie!!!), PM me and I'll help ya out some.
    I gots a face only my mother could love......and she has suggested plastic surgery!!!

alaskajack

Well now you all have triggered a cooler search in my quest to get all I need for my upcoming retirement before the money goes away. So I am looking at Polar Bear, Engel, Grizzley, yeti, and pelican. Now I am getting really confused as I want one that can go in the new Timeout Deluxe and the river boat take a beating and not have to be replaced for say 10 years+. What is the the gathered wisdom her, or is the coleman extreme at 1/5th the cost the best way to go since up until now a standard cooler normally lasts me several years?