Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polar Bear coolers who uses them and how are they?

Polar Bear coolers who uses them and how are they?

I'm sure that I've read on here something about Polar Bear coolers. Also is there a member that sells them on here ? Can anyone tell me pros or cons about them? I'm starting to buy stuff for our new bunkhouse lx and am thinking about the 48 can one. I'm disabled an on fixed income, We would like to be able to camp 2-3 days before going to get ice and supplies . Does this cooler really keep things cold for this amount of time? I'll be able to keep it out of direct sunlight at all times. For those of you that do have this cooler ,do you use dry ice or just bag ice? Thanks for any replies ,

Re: Polar Bear coolers who uses them and how are they?

I just got the 24 pack to use in my Lees-ure Lite. Finally got to try out both this past weekend. The Polar Bear worked like a champ. I put a small freezer pack in addition a small zip lock full of ice. While it wasn't really a lot of ice, my contents stayed very cold and after 2 days of quite warm weather, I still had some ice in the bag. I would definitely give these a 'thumbs up!'
    Look for Mark on this site. He is the one I got it from. Very fast delivery I might add. He keep me updated on everything.
    USAF Retired (66-86) STOC #297
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
    1991 ST1100 & 2011 Aspen Sentry(RIP)

I have two of them ... Bought two 24 can coolers a year ago, and two 12 can coolers just before Christmas, when Polar Bear had their two for one sale going on.
    Shared with Dusty, so we each have a set ... Dusty got a pink one ...

Quite impressed with them actually. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

If you're willing to wait a while, you could buy two coolers for the price of one when Polar Bear has their annual sale ...
    Or do like Dusty & I did, split costs on a pair ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Like George says, we use them and they are a nice cooler that works well.
    Pretty sure it was Mark444 on the forum here who was selling them and at a pretty good price point as well, if you can't wait for the annual Christmas 2 4 1 sale that Polar Bear has before Christmas every year.

I have the silver 24 can one and I guess now a pink 12 can one!

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

I have the 24 can version we bought almost twenty years ago when we lived on our catamaran. Now, if I put the complete Polar Bear cooler inside my Bushtec Igloo cooler, the ice lasts for three to four days with repeated use. I love it.

I will definitely recommend Polar Bear coolers. I have one I used to use for my insulin (no longer needed) that would keep the insulin at 54 degrees all day in the top case in 100+ degree weather with the sun beating down on the top case.

I have two of their 24-can versions as well for trips.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

Just bought one two weeks ago. I'm a college baseball umpire so it either sits in truck or inside works extremely well. Gonna get one for mama.
    Buddy
    01 EG Classic
    12 Heritage Softtail Classic
    15 Ultra Limited

(Threadstarter)

Thanks to all that repled . Insulin is the main reason I'm looking at these, so with all of these positive answers I'll save a bit and order at least a 24 can one. I really enjoy this forum a lot and read it 3-4 time a day, that is till the weather warms up and I start riding. But you guys will be doing the same !!
    Thanks again and if any of you are riding in central In ,look me up and will go eat and talk camping. bikes or what ever. I might even have a place to set up your camper or tent in the back yard.

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kb9osl View Post
    I'm sure that I've read on here something about Polar Bear coolers. Also is there a member that sells them on here ? Can anyone tell me pros or cons about them? I'm starting to buy stuff for our new bunkhouse lx and am thinking about the 48 can one. I'm disabled an on fixed income, We would like to be able to camp 2-3 days before going to get ice and supplies . Does this cooler really keep things cold for this amount of time? I'll be able to keep it out of direct sunlight at all times. For those of you that do have this cooler ,do you use dry ice or just bag ice? Thanks for any replies ,
    I have the 12 pack take to work daily my ice bags stay cold and take it on trips keeps my drinks cold as well love it

2014 Ultra Classic Limited
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kb9osl View Post
    Thanks to all that repled . Insulin is the main reason I'm looking at these, so with all of these positive answers I'll save a bit and order at least a 24 can one. I really enjoy this forum a lot and read it 3-4 time a day, that is till the weather warms up and I start riding. But you guys will be doing the same !!
    Thanks again and if any of you are riding in central In ,look me up and will go eat and talk camping. bikes or what ever. I might even have a place to set up your camper or tent in the back yard.
    If I remember there is a heck of a good Cajun place in Martinsville. Don't know if its still there.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100