Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Refillable LP cylinders

Re: Refillable LP cylinders

Just so everyone sees the correct info- you can only buy these cylinders at www.propane-refill.com
    They are Flame king cylinders but Flame king is a wholesaler/manufacturer.
    I use mine with the small single burner stove that just screws on top of the cylinder. Everything fits in my side bags
    Happy to answer any questions- Brad
    Brad Sanborn
    2002 DL-1000 V-Strom

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    That's how I roll, G. I've got a refill adapter. Similar to this, but with an elbow and a ball valve in the middle for shutoff. 20# tank upside down to make it liquid draw-ish. When I use it with the disposable cylinders, I have to open the relief valve to let air out to get a decent fill. I see with the reusables that the relief valve is inside the main connection. So is there something special about the adapter for these reusable tanks, or a different process that doesn't required the venting (please not the put-it-in-the-freezer thing), or both?

I'm game to upgrade my reliability and safety once this mystery is solved.

P.S. NEVER MIND. I see the special adapter now on the Flame King site.
    the refill video shows you how to properly operate our cylinder valves even if you are not using our adapter: https://vimeo.com/81833387 You may have problems if our cylinder is not filled vertically.

Site Supporter

I originally bought 2 Flame King 1lb tanks and their refill valve when George started this thread back in March of 2014. (When Flame King was selling them on e-bay). Their refill valve is designed to fit on a propane tank that transfers liquid propane, (think fork lift tank) not a standard home gas grill bottle. I sourced a liquid transfer tank from a friend and refill from it. It is so nice to fill the bottles before a trip and know they are full and not have to wonder if it is only half or less full. I had even made my own refill kit to refill the non-refillable ones and did so for years, still have it and it has been retired since I purchased the Flame King bottles and valve. I just ordered 2 more bottles using the Moto Camper's discount last week and Brad was great to deal with.
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

There should already be a regulator on the gas coleman stove. For it to work from a 20# you just need the hose connector that has the same standard threads as the 1 Lb cylinder- http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Foot-Hose-...-/111916424552

Hope this helps-
    Brad
    www.propane-refill.com

Thanks for the kind words- remember to stay safe and wheels down~
    Brad