Thread: Dutch Oven - Cajun Fish

Dutch Oven - Cajun Fish

Serves 3 or 4 hungry campers. I prepare this in a 10" DO. This is my own recipe as Susan and I eat low fat which this dish is.

1lb fish fillets (tilapia, cod, flounder, catfish - any of these will work)
    1 Tablespoon olive oil
    1 14.5oz diced tomatoes
    1 medium green pepper sliced
    1 medium onion sliced
    1 cup chicken or fish stock (low sodium)
    1 stalk celery diced
    2 cloves garlic finely chopped or pressed
    dash of cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
    salt/pepper/hot sauce to taste

2 packages/cups of Minute Ready to Serve Multi Grain Medley or Brown Rice

Add oil to Dutch oven over medium high heat (12 coals under), then cook onion, celery, and green pepper until they start to soften. Add in garlic, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, and tomatoes and stir together.

Put lid on pot and set temp to 325 (8 under 12 over). Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.

Season fish to taste.

Open pot, stir in Rice, and place fish fillets on top. If mixture is dry add 1/2 cup of water or broth. Close pot, and place back in heat for 15 minutes. If mixture is dry add 1/2 cup of water or broth.

Serve with crusty bread.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Dutch Oven - Cajun Fish

That's sounds awesome, I've got to try this one just as soon as I can get some fish!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Deb I going to get a load headed your way so I can stop in for Dinner that sounds tasty

I really like the fact you don't use white rice I'm a fan of wild or brown rice
    Posted via Mobile Device

2004 FLHTC 1982 FLHP 1974 CB360 1996 Kwik-Kamp
    Life Member ABATE
    Helmet Free since 1979

(Threadstarter)

Thanks guys. If you like it hotter use more cayenne pepper in it or add hot sauce which is what Susan does.

What I really like with this dish is quinoa instead of rice but it is harder to find precooked in any place but a health food or yuppy store. I don't even feed white rice to the dog

Let me know when you get a load Larry. You can park it at the local Wal Mart and I will come get you for dinner.

[uote=dkurfiss;110764]Let me know when you get a load Larry. You can park it at the local Wal Mart and I will come get you for dinner. [/quote]

I do get to Va. Deb it's just a matter of having time but hopefully I can take you up on the offer

Posted via Mobile Device Posted via Mobile Device

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF61 View Post
    [uote=dkurfiss;110764]Let me know when you get a load Larry. You can park it at the local Wal Mart and I will come get you for dinner.
    I do get to Va. Deb it's just a matter of having time but hopefully I can take you up on the offer

Posted via Mobile Device Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

This is the WalMart & Sam's my brother parks at when he stops for breakfast/dinner with me. It is sort of at the corner of US 28 and US 7

45415 Dulles Crossing Plz
    Sterling, VA 20166

And if you are allergic to animals, take your meds cause I have 3 cats and a dog that own the house. They just let us live her cause we provide food.

Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    And if you are allergic to animals, take your meds cause I have 3 cats and a dog that own the house. They just let us live her cause we provide food.
    I've had dogs all my life and now I have a kitty
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF61 View Post
    I've had dogs all my life and now I have a kitty
    Posted via Mobile Device
    After this dogs gone I'm done. will only have a cat after this.