Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine Coolant

Engine Coolant

Just ran across this. Looks to be some excellent stuff for aluminum engines:

www.EvansCooling.com/

May have to copy and paste. If anyone is using this product, please post.

Re: Engine Coolant

First I've heard of this, might be well worth the cost.
    I do know that quite a few of the 2009 and newer Vulcan Voyager 1700 owners have used [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cyclelogic-engine-high-performance-olant/dp/B00F3R2CGU/ref=sr_1_124?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1391275091&s r=1-124&keywords=engine+ice"]CycleLogic Engine Ice [/ame] to reduce the engine heat and lower running temps on their V-twins.
    Scott from Central PA
    2001 Kawasaki Voyager XII
    2007 Time Out
    American Voyager Association

Careful: some of those "coolants" do NOT prevent freezing ("AntiFreeze"). Water Wetter comes to mind.......not sure about Engine Ice or Evans.
    I gots a face only my mother could love......and she has suggested plastic surgery!!!

I know what you mean Mark, I've almost made mistakes before by making assumptions but the Devils Advocate in me has helped me many times by rethinking purchases and investigating details farther than just shelf labeling.

Not sure about Water Wetter but here is the first line of info from the EngineIce website: Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is biodegradable, phosphate free & non-toxic; typically reduces operating race temperatures and effectively keeping boil over temperatures to 256F or less and freeze-up protection to -26 F.

No I have no ties to the company or any dealer, just know of some folks who use it and swear by it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1FDZL0FBU&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc1FDZL0FBU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I have used Engine Ice in all my water-cooled motorcycles.

Great stuff!

My ZX-14 was a hot beast, she would peg the coolant temp bar graph at stoplights on hot days. After I put Engine Ice in, she never pegged the graph again.
    Gypsy JR
    2016 Harley-Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2014 TimeOut Deluxe trailer
    Living the Gypsy Life... slow, lazy, happy, and don't give a damn

I've debated with myself on using it on my 1200 but I'm not sure if it can be mixed with Prestone pre-mix or if it has to be used straight up alone.
    I haven't even checked yet as to the volume I need in mine (shows how anxious I am to get to work on it! ).

Sounds like some good coolant for warmer areas where below freezing temps arent an issue.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

Engine Ice is good down to -26 degrees F.

I never had a problem even when western Maryland was under 3 feet of snow and the temp was -10 F.

It won't mix well with regular coolant, so you have to flush the coolant system. Best to pressure flush it, so you wash the old coolant out of the engine too.

I've used http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/p...lant-additive/ on the Polaris quad year around and it mixes with antifreeze. Used to have a problem in summer temp low speed rock crawling. Purple Ice was recommended by friends i was riding with. No more having it overflow the resevoir bottle and then be low after it cooled off and the fan cycled noticeably less.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I know of several people who have good results using Engine Ice in ATV's. I'm going to switch to it at the next coolant change!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster