Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pressure Cooker meals

Re: Pressure Cooker meals

I like the idea of the Pressure Cooker, and will be bringing mine for those times when Im on the road, stopping overnight and want a really good home made dinner quick.......

But what about a crock Pot??

For those times when Im going to be put up for a few days.... I was at WalMart the other day and they have a very small 1.5 Quart Crock Pot. Throw a couple of chicken thighs in with a potato and a few carrots and 7 or 8 hours later when I get back from riding, dinner is ready!..........

I may do this....

I have one of those crock pots from WalMart...and it works great...I also have a very small electric skillet...couple pieces of bacon and couple of eggs and you are good to go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140222_095920.jpg   20140222_095548.jpg  
    2008 Honda GoldWing 1800
    2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 1988 Honda GoldWing 1500
    12 Aspen Classic camper and 12 Mini Mate 05 Neosho cargo trailer
    Phillippians 4:13

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

This reminds me to bring along my microwave as well. Damn, now i am going to need a bigger trailer.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Exclamation When will some people ever learn

Quote Originally Posted by jobe05 View Post
    I like the idea of the Pressure Cooker, and will be bringing mine for those times when Im on the road, stopping overnight and want a really good home made dinner quick.......

But what about a crock Pot??

For those times when Im going to be put up for a few days.... I was at WalMart the other day and they have a very small 1.5 Quart Crock Pot. Throw a couple of chicken thighs in with a potato and a few carrots and 7 or 8 hours later when I get back from riding, dinner is ready!..........

I may do this....
    John .... I sure wouldn't want to leave any type food cooking, unattended at a campsite!

Any type of 4 legged animal (wild, or domesticated) will be brought into camp by the smell and upon seeing an unattended camp will only grow brazen and help themselves. This creates not only a mess to your campsite and a lost meal, but it also encourages wildlife to come into camp (becoming habituated) for an easy meal, since they have now lost their fear of man and poses a real danger to other campers (currently in the campground and future campers) and will eventually lead to the animal being put down as a nuisance bear/animal, because of your thoughtlessness!
    Please ... educate yourself on how to become Bear Aware!

Never leave food unattended when not properly stored!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Yea, like Dusty said, please think about the long term affects of your actions.
    Ritchie & Lyn
    Proud Parents of a Marine, a Solldier and a Salior
    2010 GL1800 Champion Trike, 2013 Aspen Classic

I use a crock pot too when I'm using the toy hauler. I plug it in on the outside table, put in a chicken and stuff and it's ready for dinner when I get back from riding. There are no bears however in the Texas Hill Country, so the worst thing that can get my food are the camp cats.

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Gary-Genes bean soup looked so good I thought I'd try making some in our little GSI Pressure cooker.
    Since most recipes I've found are based around larger sized Pressure Cookers, (like Gary-Genes 2 gallon pot ... )
    I needed to scale down the recipe I used, to fit in the 4 qt cooker, so I only used one cup of navy beans, and then just added what I thought looked good of the other ingredients.

1 cup navy beans (soaked over night)
    1/2 med. onion - chopped
    1/2 clove garlic - chopped
    1 stalk celery - cut up
    1 carrot - cut up
    1/2 cup cubed cooked smoked ham
    1 tsp. sea salt
    1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    4 cups canned low salt chicken broth.
    I'll be cooking the soup for 35 minutes after it comes up to pressure.

(Don't know how turned out yet ... it's still cooking ... )

Here are a couple of pix before it was cooked.

G
    You seem to have pretty good results with your GSI PC. I tried two of the GSI pressure cookers and couldn't get either to work properly. The steam kept escaping from the lid seal on both and they would never build the proper pressure as a result. Maybe GSI had a batch with defective seals because they get really good reviews on Amazon and it was odd that I tried two and both had the same issue. I plan on trying another brand, but I really like the handle layout on the GSI's. We have a good swiss made one we use at the house and the results are excellent.

2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!