Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Camping Cot

Coffee Re: Camping Cot

Quote Originally Posted by lytle1gw View Post
    We have it and it is very heavy and a pain to put up. Have it in our cabin and just leave it up.
    Thanks for the advice. Will be then looking for other options...

Re: Camping Cot

I really like that Ozark trail tent-cot except for one thing.. it appears that it's only for shorter folk. I'm 6'2" and I'm pretty sure I'd have to curl up a bunch to fit it.

That stackable cot looked really interesting to me. I almost bought it just to have for when my grandkids come visit.. I know it's heavy and not a great thing to transport, but it folds down really well and looks to be built to last. That, and it can be a sort of seating area as well.

Just wanted to pass this along......
    REI is having a Labor Day Sale on cots.
    Sale Date: 8/26/2016 - 9/5/2016
    25% off all REI-Brand Cots & Tables

https://www.rei.com/
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    I really like that Ozark trail tent-cot except for one thing.. it appears that it's only for shorter folk. I'm 6'2" and I'm pretty sure I'd have to curl up a bunch to fit it.

That stackable cot looked really interesting to me. I almost bought it just to have for when my grandkids come visit.. I know it's heavy and not a great thing to transport, but it folds down really well and looks to be built to last. That, and it can be a sort of seating area as well.
    I'm 6' even, and I fit well height-wise. I'm just shy of 300 lbs though, and it collapsed on me once. A long rivet broke. I replaced it, and its mate on other other side with a thicker bolt, and it's held fine since through several uses.

2012 Honda Goldwing
    2009 Timeout Camper
    Patriot Guard Rider since 2007 IBA member #59823

I have not been able to find a super comfy cot that I can easily pack for Moto-Camping.

I have the Therma-Rest Luxury L that is nice because it packs small and is "fairly" comfortable - I mean it beats sleeping just on a pad on the ground, but it's not like my Walmart Luxury XL Comfy Cot that is WAY too big to pack for a motorcycle.

I have resigned myself to the Therma-Rest as being the "best" I can do considering that packing size matters.

-3Sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery