Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: National Parks of the Northern Rockies Vacation – August 2013

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Re: National Parks of the Northern Rockies Vacation – August 2013

Glad to see this report still getting read. We are hoping to get back to Canada again soon. We use that file of pictures as our screensaver on our computer just to remember the scenery and the places we seen and the great people we met over the years.
    See You down the road...
    I get to drive - She does the drive by shooting (with the camera)
    2012 Harley Ultra Classic-'14 XLHD Cargo Trailer
    Our own web page http://www.jmh-limited-editions.com/home.html

Great report. You have inspired me to see this area in person.

Festus, enjoyed looking through your great trip report again with campground commentaries. I see you left Gillete and moved to Billings. How do you like the change?

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

It is not bad here. We have been around this area a lot in the past. Even though it is the largest town in the state it does not seem to be a big city. We are closer to some of our favorite riding. Red Lodge is a little over an hour away and Beartooth and Yellowstone Park is a great day ride. Billings is better climate than Gillette. Usually warmer and where we are very little wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    It is not bad here. We have been around this area a lot in the past. Even though it is the largest town in the state it does not seem to be a big city. We are closer to some of our favorite riding. Red Lodge is a little over an hour away and Beartooth and Yellowstone Park is a great day ride. Billings is better climate than Gillette. Usually warmer and where we are very little wind.
    Glad it's working out for you. While Missoula is my home area I came to appreciate the beauty and character of Eastern Montana. Heading up to Roundup out of Billings and west on 12 to White Sulphur and up to Grest Falls is a fine ride. Then, east on 200 back through Lewistown and ending up in Glendive through some of that classic Montana ranch country is a treat. But you probably already know that😀 Your ride report from 2013 serves as a reminder that this summer is a great year to ride Canada given the very favorable $ exchange rate favoring US citizens.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Late getting back here but we are hoping to get to Canada again this year. Also there is no entrance fees for their parks this year so even better. Montana is great. One can pick a direction and go all day and never have to ride the same road twice.

Yes Sir, it's threads just like this one that make a forum worth it. The pictures are so important. So many other forums delete the pictures after a few years, thus rendering the thread useless. Pictures of campsites, terrain, roads in and out, make a thread. Thanks for posting a great report........
    What problems

I went solo to Banff/Jasper area last year. This year my wife is riding along up. Staying at Johnstone Canyon and Whistler CGs. Then back to Spokane, Washington so my wife can catch a SW flight home while I spend another week "getting home". Towing the RollaHome. Like the sleeping but sure rather tow my Hannigan. :-)
    You really know those big campers are "back there". (Unless you drive like a "grandpa"..... oh, I am one of those)
    2012 Goldwing & matching Hannigan GL trailer
    Windbender, Traxxion triple tree & AK20 struts
    Michelin Alpin ZP rear tire
    2016 Roll-A-Home camper