Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Parks of the Northern Rockies Vacation – August 2013

E. Iowa, Overnite Camping 15mi off Hwy 20

Re: National Parks of the Northern Rockies Vacation – August 2013

I concur great report! Like Gary we went west to Yellowstone then had to go back for Glacier, now we've got to go back and go north. I have to admit after going to the Northwoods campout exploring Michigan some more is high on our list also.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Mark and Jamie, thank you so much for the excellent trip report and beautiful pictures! We have covered a lot of the same ground, and I have to agree with you 100% when it comes to describing just how beautiful it really is. Even with pictures, it really doesn't due it justice! Like you all, I really liked the KOA at Hinton, it was windy when I was there too, but it's a great place to base camp for a few days.

Again, thank you for the excellent trip report and photos, I know of one person who is already making plans for this trip next year after seeing this report.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Great TR and photos, you two!

Having ridden through every mountain range in the lower US, there is no way to describe the Canadian Rockies that would do it justice in any way.

Banff used to be a Day Trip from where I used to live in BC and the Rockie's grandeur constantly amazed me.

Thanks for the trip report, Mark!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Mark and Jamie, thank you so much for the excellent trip report and beautiful pictures! We have covered a lot of the same ground, and I have to agree with you 100% when it comes to describing just how beautiful it really is. Even with pictures, it really doesn't due it justice! Like you all, I really liked the KOA at Hinton, it was windy when I was there too, but it's a great place to base camp for a few days.

Again, thank you for the excellent trip report and photos, I know of one person who is already making plans for this trip next year after seeing this report.

Yep, and maybe Bud would like to join me for a trial trip. For the trip to Alaska in 2015.
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    Hope you all enjoy! Not all the pictures are perfect as most were taken at road speeds. If anyone would like to know more about a particular area we have maps of each day, 18.9 GB of pictures and GoPro videos and a lot of memories of this great two week ride. The weather was nearly perfect, the scenery was spectacular, and the riding and camping every day were refreshing. All in all it was a wonderful trip and we can’t wait to go again.

Mark and Jamie
    Thank you for sharing, Mark & Jamie. Your report gives us ideas on how to make OUR road reports for our trips.
    We live in Missoula, MT and our equipment is in our signature.
    "09 H-D Road Glide, '11 Bushtec Turbo II, '13 Aspen Sentry

Can we get there from here???

Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Holly Springs, NC

Awesome write up and photos.
    Thnx for sharing.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)

Thanks for the great replies. We enjoy being able to share our favorite playground with folks. One could do this ride every year and never get tired of it. Kinda hard to balance the riding and camping in a short time when there is so many places to stop and smell the roses.

Mark
    See You down the road...
    I get to drive - She does the drive by shooting (with the camera)
    2012 Harley Ultra Classic-'14 XLHD Cargo Trailer
    Our own web page http://www.jmh-limited-editions.com/home.html

Great write up and pics. Thanks for sharing.

2008 Dark Red Goldwing GL1800, level 4 - "yes, it's mine and no, you can't ride it!"
    2013 Aspen Classic Camper

Really appreciate your detailed trip report and photo posting...having been to only portions of the areas covered in your trip, this report only makes me eager for another trip covering some of the areas highlighted here. Thanks.

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650 mcrider1959's Avatar

Thanks Festus/Mark for the great trip report!!! The photos are fantastic!! I really enjoyed the pics of the Canadian Rockies!! Never been there before so, your photographs are the next best thing!

I know it has been some time since you did this trip and put together the write up but, I am just getting around to reading some of the older trip reports. It's cold outside and what better way to enjoy my time cooped up inside than reading motorcycle travel stories.

Again, thanks for the report. I know it takes a fair amount of effort to put it all together. I do appreciate it!
    Roger

1986 Concours/1999 KLR650/2006 KLX250S