Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Coffee, gotta have it!!

Re: Coffee, gotta have it!!

I always carry a small pot to cook everything on the wood fire and it's easy for me to boil water for a cup of coffee
    All good things are wild and free...
    My website
    Best 10 person tent
    Best teepee tent

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    With my jetboil, i can make a cup of coffee faster than you can go into the gas station, find the pre-made crap coffee, pour a cup and wait in line to pay for it. I use my Melita filter and pre ground coffee.

If I am in a real hurry, I can go into the store and ask if I can have some hot water. All coffee stations have a hot water outlet (for tea) and I use the Starbucks Via instant packet. I don't even have to wait in line to pay!

There was a review of the Jetboil on this website at:

http://www.motocampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142
    Wow 18 pages on coffee & all good stuff! I have used the Melita # 2 for many yrs now. Coffee is your choice as is how you get your hot water. At most camps I can get a cup of hot water from someone around there if I really try. I do carry a single burner liquid fuel Coleman Peak. Water to boil in about 4 minutes on high.

I have a 4 cup pot that runs off 12 volt Cigarette lighter. About $35 on Amazon and carry Folgers in a ziplock bag
    “Not all those who wander are lost.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Update: I've had my AeroPress for about a year now. I still think it is the preferred way to make coffee on the road. It packs up small and cleanup is super simple. I've added a small burr grinder to the pack or pre-grind coffee and vac pack into small pouches.

As for coffee, i've settled into Pete's Major Dickesons and Fool's Coffee - Flatpicker's Fuel. I've tried a lot of the varieties out there and most are still too bitter for me to enjoy.
    2017 Triumph Trophy SE
    Sold - 2013 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited Anniv. Ed.