Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Getting wife to try MotoCamping

Re: Finally Getting wife to try MotoCamping

Greats pics, glad ya'll had a good time.
    2005 Silver Goldwing
    2010 BMW 1200GS Adventure
    A Bad Day Riding Is Still Better Than A Good Day Working!

Wow, it sure is nice and green there. We don't get that in west Texas!
    2004 FJR1300A
    2004 KLR650

Your camp looks GREAT! I love your big U shaped bag. If I could get my wife to motocamp that would be a must have and probably the only way to bring it all while two up on the bike.

GREAT JOB!
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

wayne

you guys want your wife to go along and i wish that i could go solo some of the time.
    but when my bike starts the wife ask where are WE going? my wife loves to ride and
    when we get the trailer she will like it more, because then she can buy more stuff. LOL

here are a few pics of our camp site at Tres Rios before the went private only last fall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MC Camping 0.jpg   MC Camping 2.jpg   MC Camping 4.jpg   MC Camping 8.jpg   MC Camping 7.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    Your camp looks GREAT! I love your big U shaped bag. If I could get my wife to motocamp that would be a must have and probably the only way to bring it all while two up on the bike.

GREAT JOB!
    I finally got in contact with Maggie (I assume) of Mag's Bags and She was in an accident and is not making anymore bags till next summer!? Yikes! Does anyone know of a retailer that might have some in stock? That is exactly what I need and now that are not being manufactured....dang.

Guess I'm a super lucky guy. All I have to do is say, wanna take a road trip and she starts getting her things together. Went to Blue Ridge Pkwy 3 weeks ago and she wore one pair of jeans, packed one pair of jeans for the return trip, couple of shirts, undies, toothbrush, etc., just the basics. Only took up the left saddlebag to accomodate ALL of her stuff. We rode for 6 hours on my hard-tail and pulled into the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground at 9PM. Went to Maggie Valley, Wheels Through Time, Cherokee, then the parkway back around to the camp. Nothing like having your significant other enjoy the samethings you do.

Thumbs up Re: Finally Getting wife to try MotoCamping

Good luck and Safe Ride, make sure she has fun and some comforts. I lucked out .my wife took to it like a duck to water. Now she thinks her butt is like American Express..............I don't leave home without it! She is the one that pushed for the trailer,Its great to have her along, She always comes up with some great ideas ,and she has learn'd how to pack lite. We both agree, sometimes less is more. It dosen't take long to pack or unpack for a trip.When we had the 5th wheel,it was two days packing and three days unpacking and cleaning.Too much hassle factor.
    Last edited by Tumbleweeds; 07-21-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: had to stop and dispatch

We to have a new 5th wheel in the garage, used it once last year! You guys think I have any problems with my wife when I say lets go, she gets on before I do!!!!! A great partner to have!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motorcycle rally 026.JPG