Thread: Glendo state park

Thumbs down Glendo state park

This camp is located between Casper and Cheyenne off of I-25. About all it has to offer is convenience (3 miles from the hiway) and a lake (or a big bathtub for me).

I stopped at this park strictly due to convenience. I was in northern Wyoming when I realized I would have to get a new rear tire for my bike. I called Sun motorsports in Denver and they had my tire. This park happened to be on the way and it was getting dark when I was in the area.

The road is powdery dirt and rocky in spots. It does not have any running water or electricity. They are the most basic camping facilities. It has a bathroom (that stunk) that is a decomposing commode and no lights or running water.

The campsites, like I said are basic. Mine had a fire ring, but no picnic table. I set up my tent in the bushes, to block the wind and have a little grass around, but the other spots were in the dirt.

If you are in a bind for a place for the night, it will probably do, but that is about all.

Oh, and watch for deer. I was almost taken out by 3 in different spots along the road on the 3 mile ride to the campsite.

Cost was somewhere between 10 and 14 dollars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wyoming camping.jpg  

Mellow

Re: Glendo state park

That sux... Have been at a couple of the more primitive spots at other places but this one didn't sound like it had anything going for it.

In cases like this... $10 sure seems like a lot for a little.