Thread: Bushtec Turbo 2+

Bushtec Turbo 2+

Just purchased a new Turbo 2+ trailer from Bushtec. Worked this weekend to convert it from a 6 wire to a 4 wire so that it will work with my 12 Can Am RT-S. The hitch and the harness from BRP Can Am for 2013 is no longer the old 9 pin round harness but now is a 4 pin square connector with a built in isolater module. Need to also replace the standard ball hitch with the hitch that will work with the Heim Joint connector on the Bushtec. Re-wired the Bushtec LED lights and they seem to work fine. As I tow the Bushtec next month behind the Spyder, I will provide some feedback on the trailer. I have ridden motorcycles for over 35 years but this will be the first trailer I have pulled behind a bike. (OK...kind of a bike)

Re: Bushtec Turbo 2+

Let us know for sure how the trip goes. I for sure would like to hear more about your Spyder and how it worked for you. The wife rides a King pin tour now, however at 5 foot tall handling a 700+ lbs bike at a stop sign is a hand full. She does a great job at it for the past few years, but she has has been talking lately about the Spyders.

Senior
    2009 Victory Vision
    Aspen classic
    Over night Camping welcome

(Threadstarter)

Before we got the RT-S Spyder, we had a RS model. I really liked the performance better on the RS. I guess the extra 300 or so lbs of the RT really makes a difference. The RS is less complicated as far as electrics go and we had zero problems with our RS the two years we owned it. I was always a bit leery about taking a Spyder on a long trip as we tend to go to the less traveled non-tourist places. The RS never gave us a hiccup including several 2000 mile rides. I also ride dual sport and ADV bikes and purchased the Spyder because my wife preferred three wheels. The Spyder is just another way of enjoying the ride, its not a motorcycle but just a different type of ride. Have her visit one of the BRP Spyder demo days and try one out.

I will do that the next time they have demo days. Thanks for the great feedback

(Threadstarter)

Took the Bushtec Turbo 2 out this weekend for a short 100 mile campout at Lake Cachuma in Northern Santa Barbara County. Kind of a test run. After loading up the bushtec and adjusting the contents to come within about 10-15% of the weight on the tongue, I pulled it around the neighborhood. I needed to stop 5 times in 2 miles to re-adjust the air pressure on the trailer suspension. Trying to get the correct camber. Finally found that about 45lbs psi in the trailer suspension seemed correct. The trailer has a claimed weight of 125 and I weighed all my gear and came to an additional 112lbs of weight. Took off with my wife and a fully loaded trailer and Spyder for a night of camping. I really could not tell the trailer was behind me. Maybe just a bit when taking off from a stop or when braking but felt very good. I am kinda bummed that the Bushtec uses tubes in the tires since our Spyder is tubeless. I love grabbing the tongue and wielding it into my campsite just where I wanted it. Very light and easy to maneuver. We were able to just barely throw our new Coleman 10x10 screen canopy in the trailer and set it up over our picnic table.

Glad ya had a good campout.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

Home is where we park it. Winter: Parker, Arizona / Summer: Rapid City, South Dakota

Great spot! Love camping at Lake Cachuma. Camped there many times. Glad you had a good trip.

Is it ok to post here and let folks know that Texas now has a Bushtec / Bunkhousr dealer in College Station, which is Action Sports? Thanks, HB