Thread: Richardson Grove State Park

Richardson Grove State Park

This is right off hwy 101

I didn't get any pics of the site (I got there LATE and left EARLY). Price was between 10 and 15 dollars (can't remember). Camping in the redwoods. Campspots are pretty secluded and private. Of course the park is in the mountains of N. Califorinia and camp road twists through the forest withs dips and curves with campsites strewn about.

Pay showers and a big sink for washing clothes. Paved road. I ate at the Calico diner in Garberville (about 5 miles north) and recommend it also. If you can't find the diner, it is on the corner directly across from the Hemp shop. The towns people were nice and laid back if you know what I mean.

Re: Richardson Grove State Park

Yep,,, This is one of our favorite spots to stay when we go north....Richardson Grove is a GREAT camp spot, Has the Eel river next to it and you can usually get a site if you go during the week (if you don't reserve one before hand for the weekend good luck) There's also a good pizza place on the north end of Garberville 'bout 1/2 block east of the main st...

Re: Richardson Grove State Park

Stopped for the night at the end of August 2017 after coming south on Avenue of the Giants. My site was across the river and not paved. It was a chore getting there with the load packed on like a passenger but Very Pretty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 101_1655b.jpg   101_1663b.jpg   101_1664b.jpg  
    Sam