Thread: Aspen vs. Bunkhouse

Aspen vs. Bunkhouse

Anybody do a comparison between these two? I am trying to buy something used and it seems that these are the two most prevalent out there, along with the Kwik Kamp, which I am not adverse to if I can find a good one. Have also found a few Travlites which seem to be pretty nice as well. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Aspen vs. Bunkhouse

They are all good ... Just some are better than others ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

St. Augustine, FL The Nations Oldest City

The best way to decide is to do your own research. Go on-line to all the manufacturers and read about all the features each unit has, including size and weights. Use that info to decide what would best fit your needs. As said before, they are all very good campers or they wouldn't still be around. Just my $.02. Others will chime in on this too. OCB

04 GL 1800, 2014 Mini Mate w/ "Add-A-Room"
    Nam Vet 67-68 "Spooky" aka "Puff The Magic Dragon"

I have a Bunkhouse but I found mine used in real good shape. I like the Aspen main thing tent poles inside basically it's which ever one you can get the best deal on, probably not a dimes worth of difference between Bunkhouse and Aspen
    2007 Triumph Rocket III 2300cc
    Bunkhouse XL

Finding a used Bunkhouse or Aspen is hard to do. A good one for a good price sells fast. What I liked when comparing the two was The Aspen has a full frame, with a straight tongue, 5 bolt 12" wheels, inside poles, one piece seamless roof, more storage, and 4 frame mounted jack stands. They both seem similar until you compare them feature for feature.

They're both good - depending on the deal you get on 'em. As mentioned above, the Aspen's have some real nice features that might sway you that way if things like that are what you're looking for in a trailer.
    KevinL
    Proud Parent of a US Marine
    1986 Aspencade W/Motorvation Formula II and Ozzie the Aussie
    1995 Voyager XII, 2010 Aspen Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
    Finding a used Bunkhouse or Aspen is hard to do. A good one for a good price sells fast. What I liked when comparing the two was The Aspen has a full frame, with a straight tongue, 5 bolt 12" wheels, inside poles, one piece seamless roof, more storage, and 4 frame mounted jack stands. They both seem similar until you compare them feature for feature.
    Those are the things that sold us on the Aspen. We just purchased a 2013 Classic and are loving it. Good luck in your search but as said before do your research and get what suits your needs.

Ritchie
    Ritchie & Lyn
    Proud Parents of a Marine, a Solldier and a Salior
    2010 GL1800 Champion Trike, 2013 Aspen Classic

I say Uncle Jesse is spot on. Whatever you can make the best deal on go for it .
    People have such brand loyalty they can't see beyond what they own. I own a Bunkhouse is it better that an Aspen? no. Is a Aspen better than a Bunkhouse? no.
    Ok the Aspen has larger frame and four jacks, never heard of a frame problem with a BH would make a Aspen heaver. Never spent an unstable moment in a BH with only three jacks. More storage? Really you have one more small recession in front of the axles Which hangs down under the trailer that could be damaged by speed bumps or some road hazzard.
    Is a 5 bolt wheel better than a 4 bolt? In Wally World they had 6 4bolt and 5 5 bolt 12 in tire wheel combos for sale so both are readily available.Poles on the inside or the outside the + would be you can hang stuff from the poles inside they both set up the same yes BH has a sewn in piece to hold the pole its never leaked. Straight tongue on Aspen BH curves under ever heard of a problem with BH tongue .
    IT goes on and on .I base my opinion and this is my opinion on the fact that I own a BH and my brother in law owns an Aspen both great trailers and I think you would be ill advised to by one over the other based on these so very similar things.
    As Uncle Jesse says buy what you find the best deal on. If your buying new then choose the one you like for whatever reason you like.

I'm glad folks are proud of their trailer brand but try to be a little open minded.

That said if I were buying a new one today it would be a .......Bunkhouse....

Straight tongue on Aspen BH curves under ever heard of a problem with BH tongue .

The Bunkhouse tongue is cut in two places and has a patch welded over the cut. Check yours near the body. There is a post about it on this forum titled "Bunkhouse Camper Safety" dated 11/15/12 and more info on it on another forum.