Re: Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Thank you for your input...

Quote Originally Posted by dtdmother View Post
    Thank you for your input...
    Where are you located in Pa.?
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

I was pretty sure I was gonna buy one of these a couple years back, when to the place in PA where they build 'em and the owner let my wife and I crawl around in it. I was sold, even she was impressed by how solid and well made it was. Her problem was getting in and out of it when made up for 2. She's not a sound sleeper no matter where we sleep, and she gets up quite a bit at night. To get out of this unit, the person closest to the door has to remove the bed board at the end and the cushion that goes with it. You don't HAVE to remove them, but the wife is vertically challenged, so she couldn't make the drop to the door sill if the board was in place. That was pretty much the only reason I don't have one.. it just wouldn't work for her as well. I think we could have made it work fine if we had a footstool to set outside the unit for her to step down on, but she just wasn't sold on that idea.

For primarily solo camping, and the occasional 2-up I still think it's the best 'bang for the buck' camper sold.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    I was pretty sure I was gonna buy one of these a couple years back, when to the place in PA where they build 'em and the owner let my wife and I crawl around in it. I was sold, even she was impressed by how solid and well made it was. Her problem was getting in and out of it when made up for 2. She's not a sound sleeper no matter where we sleep, and she gets up quite a bit at night. To get out of this unit, the person closest to the door has to remove the bed board at the end and the cushion that goes with it. You don't HAVE to remove them, but the wife is vertically challenged, so she couldn't make the drop to the door sill if the board was in place. That was pretty much the only reason I don't have one.. it just wouldn't work for her as well. I think we could have made it work fine if we had a footstool to set outside the unit for her to step down on, but she just wasn't sold on that idea.

For primarily solo camping, and the occasional 2-up I still think it's the best 'bang for the buck' camper sold.

A friend of mine has one, and he and his wife love it. What they do is put a three step ladder in front of the door. Then leave the extra board and pad in place. They travel a lot, and like it. With the board in the bed is very big. When riding solo. I put a shelf in, for PC, TV, and eat on.

With board in

With bench

With my shelf

Gary

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Yup .... 'Ole Gary/Gene has his set up pretty good in a manner that suits his needs and they are a nice, compact unit ....... only thing I don't care for is there is no screen/mosquito netting on the door flaps, so when you tie back the flaps to help air it out/cool it down, insects get inside.

If you plan on sleeping two people fairly often, I would suggest looking at the slightly larger and more spacious Aspen Sentry.

Both of these units are at the very top of my short list, come time to move up to a camper.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Yup .... 'Ole Gary/Gene has his set up pretty nice ... only thing I don't care for is there is no screen/mosquito netting on the door flaps, so when you tie back the flaps to help air it out/cool it down, insects get inside.
    Dusty
    I don't see why a person couldn't sew up a velcro bordered screen to attach to the door opening ...
    That shouldn't be too hard to do ...

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

(Threadstarter)

Outside of the Poconos...

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    I don't see why a person couldn't sew up a velcro bordered screen to attach to the door opening ...
    That shouldn't be too hard to do ...

G
    The way the top goes up, you can just hang it over the inside pole. I have done that in the summer time. Ken looked in at cycle more in the fall.
    Gary~~~~~be quiet Gene is sleeping

Thanks for the You Tubes Gary and yes I could have looked them up, but hey you had them faster at hand.
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    A friend of mine has one, and he and his wife love it. What they do is put a three step ladder in front of the door. Then leave the extra board and pad in place. They travel a lot, and like it. With the board in the bed is very big. When riding solo. I put a shelf in, for PC, TV, and eat on.

With my shelf

Gary
    Gary, Any other photos of your "shelf"?