Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Anybody have one of these? Curious as to when the tent folds up as to how you keep your gear dry as it is contained in the cargo area it appears.

Re: Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

I've been looking for a used one and several on here have them. They should be along shortly with your answers.

Richard

I have one. When raining no problem.Take a look on you tube, it will show you how it folds up. You will see that it does not touch the bed. I have a thing on you tube with it.
    Gary

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

And you didn't want to include the link to them or at least yours?
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Ok here ae the links
    this is mine
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ye5qdfqPc"]Mini Mate Camper - Customer Interview - YouTube[/ame]

This is setup

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmJflcGSAc"]Mini Mate Motorcycle Camper - YouTube[/ame]

Gary

Gary why didnt you tell them about the ruggedly handsome movie star?
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!

(Threadstarter)

Watched both of those already... You are a movie star... LOL... How is it with two people Gary? Is it big enough for sleeping? I really want a RAH double wide bed but the cost is prohibitive right now so I was thinking about an Aspen Classic or Bunkhouse because of room consideration if it is raining and then one of these Mini Mates came along locally and am now considering it for the fact that it is a simple and small set up and the price is right. Is there screening for the door and is the roof one piece? How comfortable is it to sleep in? Could you secure a soft cargo bag to the luggage rack for extra storage? Any and all feedback from you, outside of your interview, would be greatly appreciated since you own one and have used it extensively. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dtdmother View Post
    Watched both of those already... You are a movie star... LOL... How is it with two people Gary? Is it big enough for sleeping? I really want a RAH double wide bed but the cost is prohibitive right now so I was thinking about an Aspen Classic or Bunkhouse because of room consideration if it is raining and then one of these Mini Mates came along locally and am now considering it for the fact that it is a simple and small set up and the price is right. Any and all feedback from you, outside of your interview, would be greatly appreciated since you own one and have used it extensively. Thanks.
    Are you going to be riding two up all the time? If so I would say no. It will accommodate two very comfortably, but it is perfect for one. You will have to use the board and pad. But when you do, then you can't stand up inside without moveing it.
    Gary

(Threadstarter)

Probably not all the time but I want to take a cross country trip and may ride 2 up for at least that one... I understand about moving the bed board but how much room is there after you do that? How much room is there when the bench is in place? Is it large enough for two to sit comfortably?

Quote Originally Posted by dtdmother View Post
    Probably not all the time but I want to take a cross country trip and may ride 2 up for at least that one... I understand about moving the bed board but how much room is there after you do that? How much room is there when the bench is in place? Is it large enough for two to sit comfortably?
    I think for a long trip with two you should look at another camper. I ride solo all the time. You could sleep comfortably on a few overnighters. if you plan to stay in the camper other than sleep I don't know.
    Gary