Thread: Red Bridge Campgrounds, PA

Red Bridge Campgrounds, PA

I passed through this campground last summer... looks to be a nice place to stay. Campsites were separated by 10'-15' of trees. The restroom I used and the shower facilities I saw were clean and looked fairly new.... On the map it looks like it's a hike to the water but some of the sites were situated on the shore...

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...O&parkId=70315
    "the dead know only one thing... it is better to be alive..." -Joker; Full Metal Jacket

Re: Red Bridge Campgrounds, PA

I grew up north of Pittsburgh and we had a cabin around Kane Pa. That is a great area. I never stayed at the campground,but have been all around that area. There is a nice place not far called Jake's rock you need to check it out.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian77511 View Post
    I grew up north of Pittsburgh and we had a cabin around Kane Pa. That is a great area. I never stayed at the campground,but have been all around that area. There is a nice place not far called Jake's rock you need to check it out.

Unfortunately, the undergrowth and bush has grown quite a bit at Jakes Rock Overlook since you were a child Brian, as the views are now mostly obscured by the bush. Still worth the ride up there, but the views are not what they were at one time.
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Sorry to hear that, but it's been a few years since I have been there. Brian