Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seton Lake Campground, Lillooet, BC

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Seton Lake Campground, Lillooet, BC

This is a very nice, free little rustic campground, built and maintained by BC Hydro.
    Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring. Vault toilets and drinking water are scattered throughout the campground. Firewood available, for a fee (used to be free) No showers, electric, or WiFi.
    Gas and supplies are available close by in the town of Lillooet (pronounced Lil-o-wet)

BC Hydro also maintains a picnic area/public beach on the other side of the road/highway, on beautiful Seton Lake. You can also watch the Salmon run when in season.
    Although there are other free BC Forest Rec Sites (campgrounds) along the Duffy Lake Rd (Hwy 99) this is by far the nicest and has the best facilites.
    This campground is located upon one of the most scenic mountain roads in BC, as it traverse from the hot, dry interior, along Cayoosh Creek, out towards the coast and the north end of the Sea to Sky Hwy. Expect to get a quick view of the glaciers by Joffre Lakes, just as you start to descend towards Mt Currie/Pemberton.

This is THE road to take if travelling out to Vancouver, from the interior!

Campground Info: - http://www.bchydro.com/community/rec...Dam_campground

Campground Location: - http://goo.gl/maps/tYeU9

Camping Fees: - FREE !!

I'll dig around and see if I can find some photos of the campground which are on my main PC and post them later, if I find them.

Seton Lake

Duffy Lake Rd

Duffy Lake

Glaciers at Joffre Lakes

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Re: Seton Lake Campground, Lillooet, BC

I've ridden in that area a few times,but never camped.Beautiful country!
    And,not all that far from me

Jeff in Ferndale,WA
    White 2004 Honda Goldwing

just another Saddle Tramp
    (Threadstarter)

It would be an easy day's ride, once you cleared North Van! .... or you could lay over at one of a few BC Parks campgrounds, en route.

I forced around Tyaughton Lake in Southeast Chilcotin where I discovered an awesome pond to camping in but it was too chilly. I hiked Taylor Basin for a day and did not get returning to my car until 9pm. There still much snowfall on the pathway. Camped in at the coast of half-frozen/dry Carpenter Lake.

(Threadstarter)

I had planned on doing a multi-day backpacking trip up in the Slim Creek/Southern Chilcotin/Spruce Lake area, but blew my knee out before that came to fruition.

Did some camping on nearby Carpenter Lake, at the free BC Hydro Gun Creek Campground.

Beautiful area!

I'll have to get back into this rather remote area with the bike. Although there are quite a few miles of gravel road between stretches of pavement getting in there, it is well worth it.

Beautiful...as always great pictures...the price is sure right for this campground...did I miss it or did you say when you were there? when the pictures were taken?

(Threadstarter)

You never missed anything BG, as I never did post what time of year I was there, or when the photos were taken. (most were taken late July/early Aug)

I have been up in there many times. I would have to say the best time to visit/camp in the area would be from early June to later Sept.
    There are many avalanches along the Duffy Lake Rd, so anything earlier than late April could be risky and anything past the later part of Sept/early Oct could see snow along the road, along with cool night temps in camp. May can see quite the spring snow melt along Cayoosh Creek and some possible localized flooding, although the Campground should be fine.

The area around eastern Seton Lake/Lillooet is part of the Dry Interior (rain shadow effect) and is semi-arid, while the other (western) end of the Duffy lake Rd can be quite wet/damp, as the lower clouds have to dump their moisture to get over the mountains

Dusty

Thanks for info...do I have to have a passport to get into Canada?

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by bikergal View Post
    Thanks for info...do I have to have a passport to get into Canada?
    No .... but you do need one to get back into your own Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    No .... but you do need one to get back into your own Country!
    Oh...