Thread: Amphitheater NFS CG, Ouray, Co

Amphitheater NFS CG, Ouray, Co

This is a great little campground located on the mountain side above the town of Ouray. There is an overlook in the campground with great views of the town and the surrounding Mtns. The entrance road turns off of Rt 550 about 1/2 miles south of Ouray.

The sites are a little on the small side, some of the sites have parking areas which are not ideal for a motorcycle but most are fine. All sites have a table, fire ring and lantern post which works great for hanging up your riding gear.
    Water spigots are located throughout, pit toilets and paved roads.

Showers are available at the city of Ouray Hot Springs Pool for $2.00. The showers are nice, clean and have wonderful ceiling mounted rainfall shower heads fed by water from the hot springs.

I camped here for 4 nights in September of 2012, spent my days riding the Million Dollar Hwy and visiting Silverton, Durango, Rico and Ridgeway.

Don Ricks
    Atlanta. Ga

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive"

Re: Amphitheater NFS CG, Ouray, Co

The link below is from the GL1800 forum. They have had a get-together out there for years. There are many planned day rides on this site with access to gps downloads and lots of descriptions. More than you'll be able to ride in a month, but a number of wonderful choices. For anyone that is looking for some incentive to take the ride to Colorado, this is a good place to find it.

Richard

http://rockies-gold.net/

Thanks for posting this campground. I hope to be able to use it.