Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to camp in the rain

Re: How to camp in the rain

[QUOTE=Cousin Jack;50308]One thing I've never mentioned ...

Harley guys will maybe laugh, but they'll do it with the rain draining into their beards from their silly soaked bandanas! [QUOTE]

Curious ... Just what is it us "Harley guys" will do, and laugh about ?? ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

[quote=G wizz;50310][QUOTE=Cousin Jack;50308]One thing I've never mentioned ...

Harley guys will maybe laugh, but they'll do it with the rain draining into their beards from their silly soaked bandanas!

Curious ... Just what is it us "Harley guys" will do, and laugh about ?? ...
    Laugh and point at the umbrella strapped on our rear bag.... had it happen....while they were busy loading Harley's onto a trailer......

[quote=Cousin Jack;50333][quote=G wizz;50310]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Jack View Post

Laugh and point at the umbrella strapped on our rear bag.... had it happen....while they were busy loading Harley's onto a trailer......
    Don't know as Harley guys are the only ones that know how to load bikes onto trailers ... But hey, they're good guys, they'll stop and help anyone load their bikes. ... even in the rain ...

Besides ... Harley guys aren't made of candy ... they know they won't melt in the rain ...

I have a few things to say about the rain...when caught in a nonstop deluge, the SAFE thing to do is find the 1st motel, especially if you are on an interstate.. too many idiots driving out there...

I was caught in a large 2 day rain/weather system in Wisconsin once.. I was bedded down in my tent for a day and a half in Brunet island SP, when a friend from Eau Claire called and TOLD me he and his wife were picking me and my bike up and I WAS staying in their trailer for the night! THAT is a GOOD friend! He donned his rain suit and rode my bike in the pouring rain back to their place..everything was hung form the garage rafters to dry..there was flooding all around me and I think I was the only tenter in the place!...

My tips: bed down with some good spirits if ya have some, a snuggly friend, and be near food if ya have to make a quick dash to a restaurant! Also ask if you can park your bike under a picnic shelter if nearby so you can load your bike with stuff and also drape your tent over a table to dry before ya pack it...pack extra pupperonis for the sweet lil dog too!.....oh and have a massive tarp!.....

Here what I do when it rains .... lmao

2009 HD Street Glide
    2009 HD Sportster 1200
    http://billyteee.blogspot.ca/

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

This is how we camped in the rain in Tok, AK. I used this umbrella to walk to the showers once while in a frog strangler in Canada on the day before we headed off in different directions on our way home. Thankfully, Colleen or Ernie has no pictures of me using it, I hope.

Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

One thing I've never seen mentioned...... carry a big Golf-type umbrella to walk around under during a rainy camp. Makes all the difference in the world.....

a pair of small umbrellas are part of the standard camping supplies, along with the frogg toggs. A Noahs Tarp is the next item on the 'to be purchased' list, but have a standard tarp until then...we pitch it over the table or dining area regardless of the weather....
    if you can't start it year round or fix it by the side of the road...is it really worth buying?

Umbrellas are great. When you are setting on the highway waiting for what seems a lifetime for the road construction lead vehicle, you just pop it up, and you have instant shade. It can be a life saver. My wife and I carry them in our saddle bags. Oh, by the way whats wrong with us bearded Harley guys with bandannas? The bandanna has alot of uses. That is worthy of a thread of its own.
    Born Again. It's never to late to have a Great Childhood!

Quote Originally Posted by iacornfed View Post
    Oh, by the way whats wrong with us bearded Harley guys with bandannas? .
    Bearded ? ... ... Didn't know that was a requirement in order to be a "Harley guy". ...
    Guess I'll have to work on that ...

Crap my wife won't let me have a beard, guess I'll have to trade bikes. or maybe the wife.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100