Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Motorcycle Camping - The Basic Checklist

Re: Motorcycle Camping - The Basic Checklist

Ok I am new and read all the posts. Great info. Lots of good stuff. WANT ICE INFO ON DOG TAG, QUICK TAG IS A MACHINE IN PET, AND WALMARS, THAT ENGRAVE INFO ON TAGS.
    I worked for them the last 12 years of my working life, I also seviced the Key Machine, used in, Walmarts,Lowe's, Home Depot. Same Co. I drove 800-1000 miles a week.
    OK I have some things I take and you will find this funny, See my Trike and 55 Trailer, I can take anything. I sometimes have 3 rain suits, 3 helmits, two folding chairs. Spare for the trailer
    4-way, jack. I take my pillow, computer, more clothes than I can possible wear. I have been looking for a small sink. LOL I camped some but not very often, group I go with we meet at
    a motel, or campground with cabins, and ride 4-5 days and then ride home. I wanted to camp more and just got a Mini Mate, I know I will learn more from this site, and hope to enjoy,
    going to some of the IBMC campouts too. I MAKE A BIG PILE OF ALL THE THINGS OFF MY LIST IN THE FLOOR OF THE GARAGE, THEN PACK.

great info and just making list seems to help I never learned to pack light always take to much

Quote Originally Posted by articrider View Post
    great info and just making list seems to help I never learned to pack light always take to much
    Reminds me of how I packed mine back in the early 70's.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

One thing I thought of was a Thermos If you heat water, and have extra, If you have a thermos to put it in, it will be hot for coffee, coco, tea.
    Later for another cup and no need for another fire up of the stove. good idea I read somewhere, also extra Socks make good places to pack
    small things, cut off the top and it makes a small bag.

Great checklist-I take the items I think I'll need, depending on length of trip. I always take two small tarps along, they seem to be pretty handy.

I carry a bracelet from https://www.myroadid.com/. As an EMT. I do look for these things. It very handy. Basic information on front. Back has user name, password. EMS can call and get all medical information needed. I also pass this information out at my CPR, First-Aid classes.

Quote Originally Posted by mosoerd View Post
    I carry a bracelet from https://www.myroadid.com/. As an EMT. I do look for these things. It very handy. Basic information on front. Back has user name, password. EMS can call and get all medical information needed. I also pass this information out at my CPR, First-Aid classes.
    IMHO, the more information you can provide the 1ST RESPONDERS the better

sw
    Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now! steve ('08 ural gear-up, dr350, ttr230)