Thread: oldie but goodie

oldie but goodie

Here's one from the old boy scout days, this used to make two servings so adjust as you need to. Grab some heavy duty aluminum foil and double layer it into a good size square. Add about one pound of lean ground beef and shape into a small loaf, open a can of mixed veggies and drain off the liquid, make a valley in your ground beef and put the veggies in there. Open a can of diced potato's drain and place around the beef. Season with salt, pepper, garlic or whatever you like. Fold up the foil good and tight and place on a rack or right in the coals of your fire for about 30-40 minutes turning several times. As it cook the meat juices flow into the potatoes and veggies. When done open the foil and munch away.

For dessert core a red apple and wrap in heavy duty foil, sprinkle some sugar into the cored area and bake for an hour. Very tasty

Bon Appetit'

Tony

Re: oldie but goodie

Sounds tasty.
    I would add chili to spice up the meal.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Haze
    My life is a caricature of reality
    David C.
    Suzuki VStrom 650 - Sold, Current Ryde Can Am Spyder STS -" "
    Honda ST1300 - Sold, Suzuki Burgman 400 - RIP

For dessert core a red apple and wrap in heavy duty foil, sprinkle some sugar into the cored area and bake for an hour. Very tasty
    Put some of the red hot cinnamon candy or brown sugar and cinnamon in the cored apple.
    '02 ST1100
    '01 F650

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Put some of the red hot cinnamon candy or brown sugar and cinnamon in the cored apple.
    a granny smith will hold up better in the fire
    my brother and I this past May at Greenbelt national park made some with maple syrup and brown sugar

Posted via Mobile Device

2004 FLHTC 1982 FLHP 1974 CB360 1996 Kwik-Kamp
    Life Member ABATE
    Helmet Free since 1979

Yummy