Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Logan/HOcking Hills KOA

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Logan/HOcking Hills KOA

Quote Originally Posted by cihilb View Post
    Whoops! Didn't see the date. Seems they made numerous updates to the campground.
    The only problem I could see is that the sites are not real level. But it is built on a hillside.
    Those dates get me every time!
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Quote Originally Posted by kayakinbiker View Post
    Does anybody else have anything to say about Hocking Hills state park? I may yet again change my 1st 3 days of camping to this place,then move on to the Blackwater Falls campout next month// I am really looking for a kayak rental company that has water access or shuttles a rented tandem kayak to a put in/take out.. I cannot cartop any of my 5 kayaks on the rental car..very frustrating! I did not receive an answer back from Summersville lake so I may forego going there, even tho I did have my heart set on travelling up 219 to Thomas/Davis for the Blackwater Falls campout..the drive would be gorgeous on there.. I was travelling on it in the darkness and rain last year so I missed a lot of scenery..Hocking Hills WAS on my original agenda and may be a better choice for the 1st 3 nights of camping AND it is only about half of the driving time from Windsor!

BTW I am NOT a KOA fan and love primitive places more!...
    Aloha!

I camp at Hocking Hills State Park all the time. In my opinion, it is the jewel in the crown of Ohio parks. Beautiful trails, interesting hiking, decent canoe/kayak areas, and shower houses that rival some hotels I've stayed in. In fact, I'm going there again this week.

I had a thread on HH State Park last fall when Ohio had temps in the 70s in November. That was wonderful because the park was empty (RARE) and the mosquitoes and other bugs had died from the many heavy frosts before the late season spring temps. I snapped a few pics and put them in my thread when I posted it. You can go onto Youtube and see some good video of that park, including some campers kind of blown away by the hotel-type quality of the shower house/toilets.

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL POST FROM LAST NOVEMBER:
    http://www.motocampers.com/forums/sh...=hocking+hills

3sport
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Thanx 4 the info!