Thread: Streetsboro KOA

Streetsboro KOA

This used to be called Mar-Lyn Campground. At that time, they wouldn't let motorcycles onto the property. A year or so ago, they joined the KOA franchise and that is no longer the case.

This is a pretty nice family campground. Plenty of tent, camper, and motorhome sites. Clean, quiet, relaxing environment. There are some seasonal campers, but the park owners seem to keep them under control and it hasn't become a problem with decks, sheds, and old cars. Roads are dirt, but they are smooth and motorcycle friendly.

There is a swimming pond that is clean (but does have some fish in it). A nice size fishing pond is also available with decent fish, mostly panfish but bass and catfish are there also. Showers were clean and plenty of hot water was available. There is a small store on site with basics, including ice cream and pizza. If I recall, the rates were like $30 a nite for a tent site with electric.

Plenty of stores nearby for shopping or browsing. Near Akron, Hudson, and not too far from Cleveland. A short hop to Geuga Lake Waterpark. And, sorry, but the amusement park has closed.

All in all, I would give this park a 3. Just a nice campground for a short stay.
    Dress for the SLIDE, not just the RIDE

Re: Streetsboro KOA

Thanks for the review. I'm guessing that it will be a better campground now. I seem to have very good luck with KOA.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special