Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what's your mpg?

SCRC Ch. 183 N. Atlanta quadancer's Avatar

Re: what's your mpg?

There's a thread on that in HDforums.com and as I recall, it was kind of expensive and of course, you'll have many naysayers...but it can be done.
    I have the CV. George and I have been talking and we're suspecting it may be as I thought: a problem with the crank position sensor...unfortunately not cheap either. Will have to test it first.

I'm heading for N. Ga in the morning so we can tear up the hills before the stoopid leaf gawkers clog up the highways. I'll look into it next week.
    If'n ya boards ain't a-sparkin',
    then you is just a-parkin'!

DARKSIDE RULES!

When I came back from MO I was loaded down pretty good on my 2012 R1200GS I got a whopping 34 mpg. I was moving along smartly though 609 miles with 5 refuels, lunch in 10 hours

Steve
    2012 BMW R1200GS
    1994 Honda XR250R

Quote Originally Posted by Tx White Knight View Post
    When I came back from MO I was loaded down pretty good on my 2012 R1200GS I got a whopping 34 mpg. I was moving along smartly though 609 miles with 5 refuels, lunch in 10 hours
    I have a feeling that you were riding well over the posted limit to only get 34 mpg on that bike.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Quote Originally Posted by BeemMeUp View Post
    I have a feeling that you were riding well over the posted limit to only get 34 mpg on that bike.
    well it was about 106 so I was keeping the air moving, loaded the way I was I got the front wheel up a bit when I left a toll booth in OK. scared the poo our of me

Quote Originally Posted by Tx White Knight View Post
    well it was about 106 so I was keeping the air moving, loaded the way I was I got the front wheel up a bit when I left a toll booth in OK. scared the poo our of me
    I have to be careful when pulling my trailer to keep the front end down in the 1st two gears. Others tell me I get a little air alot. Most of the time I don't realize it. Might have something to do with my riding style, lol.

Cool Re: what's your mpg?

Quote Originally Posted by jim454 View Post
    Just did a trip this past weekend and the best I could squeeze out is 48.5 mpg. The bike was loaded with my gear and is a stock '03 Kawi Meanstreak. The fuel I use is 91-93 octane.
    I tried to keep the speed between 55-60.
    How bout you?
    With FJR only 45mpg. Pulling aspen sentry trailer at speeds
    70-85 .get 36mpg. Speed at 60-70 39 mpg. Wether is a factor. Post less,ride more. GOD BLESS ALL

48ish on the Voyager - no trailer and taking it easy. 40 or so running under 70 with the trailer. Just over 35 when I got my wrist in it with the trailer and a wicked headwind .

Be Well!
    KevinL
    Proud Parent of a US Marine
    1986 Aspencade W/Motorvation Formula II and Ozzie the Aussie
    1995 Voyager XII, 2010 Aspen Classic