Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leesure Lite

(Threadstarter)

Re: Leesure Lite

ErikR.... I feel you, brother (oops, from my cop days).... When I am alone, I use my backpacking gear. I can get my ultralight tent, down bag, Big Bertha pad, stove, and four days of food into one saddle bag on the Harley.... I wear micro-fiber pants and shirt and wash them out in a sink each night (dry by morning), sock liners instead of socks (again, wash and wear), and riding suit. Don't even use the tourpak, and only half of the other saddle bag. It's all in what you want to take with you... Take care
    Dress for the SLIDE, not just the RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    Is your plan to pull the RAH with the bike and sidecar?

I am a little apprehensive concerning the storage arrangement for the LeesureLite as well. I am really leaning toward the RAH Standard as well.
    Hi Mailman1, yes we plan to pull the RAH with the 1800 sidecar rig. I have a riding buddy that has a LL, and in my past some long time age I pulled a Combicamp, with the CC we used plastic tote boxs that stacked to make a dresser type cabinet, it worked well but had to be hauled on the top of the CC, and covered, so on setup the cover had to be removed, and the boxs before you could set up, my friend with the LL does the same thing. When we camp I want a small electric heater, 2 burner coleman stove, pots and pans, dish pan, folding chairs, and all the rest. My wife will not camp without her portapotty, she won't walk to the john in the middle of the night, we are retired and some times we tour for up to 2 months, the "stuff" just won't fit a Leesurelite, but I really do like the way it sets up, a great trailer if you can work with the storage.
    Lloyd and Judy in Columbiaville, MI.
    2013 Ural Patrol
    2012 Burgman 400
    We tent camp

apopj, PM sent...

Lloyd, about the same boat as you, spouse needs the porti-john, no trips to the loo at 2AM. I also have about the same cooking equipment needs as well. Presently tent camp with a Hannigan trailer and it is pretty well packed. Really leaning towards the RAH Standard as well.

Take a look at the Aspen Classic. You will get a bigger bed, better frame, larger windows, and more storage than the LL or RaH.

Quote Originally Posted by KRcamper View Post
    Take a look at the Aspen Classic. You will get a bigger bed, better frame, larger windows, and more storage than the LL or RaH.
    I do like the Aspen line, but the only one with a hard top/dressing room floor is the Ambassador I believe. The RAH has the hard top/floor. Not sure how they compare in weight.

Misspoke...The Ambassador has a soft floor as well I believe, since the hard top is raised and remains the top.
    Last edited by mailman01; 02-08-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by mailman01 View Post
    I do like the Aspen line, Not sure how they compare in weight.
    You'll find the RAH to be heavier than the Aspen ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

I had a quick question. I hear of all these different current motorcycle tent trailer brands and wondered if any of you have ever heard of them setting up at shows? There is a motorcycle Expo coming up here in Indianapolis and I plan to go but they have yet to announce who will be there as far as vendors. It would be nice to go and take a look at these different options in trailers if one was in the market ��
    Just curious.

Thanks

Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Holly Springs, NC

Scuba~ Most vendors websites list the shows they plan on attending. If not on the website, I'm sure an email would yield an answer as to where/when.

Originally from Battle Creek Michigan, I now reside in Indianapolis Indiana

Thanks!

Thanks John.

I have been doing a lot of research and it seems that everyone (and I totally understand) has their own favorites and each for different reasons it seems. I am hoping they have several of the trailers there to compare. Its nice to see all the different personal opinions of the many different trailers folks have discussed here on the fourm.

Thanks for the input...

Jeff