Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leesure Lite

(Threadstarter)

Wink Re: Leesure Lite

Lloyd,

We solved that problem by not taking so much useless crap with us. Everything I need fits neatly inside the camper when folded.

Jeff
    Dress for the SLIDE, not just the RIDE

Re: Leesure Lite

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I have a Roll-A-Home standard ordered, Leesurelite was what I was first looking at for ease of setup, but ended up ordering RAH for the under the bed storage. You need to store most of your stuff on top of the Leesure Lite so you have to unload it before you set up. You are able to access RAH storage, when folded up, or set up.
    The RAH standard sets up just as quick as the leesurelite if not a little quicker by not having to move stored items, think ya will be pleased with thw quality of workmanship. I have the widebed model, wife likes to get as far away as possible. II offered to take a tent for her.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

The storage thing wouldn't bother me much, the stackable shelves idea almost acts like a plus for the LL. For ME, biggest advantage to the RAH standard would be the already in place mattress. IF it was comfortable enough. The LL would still get the nod for setup time tho, even tho the RAH is damn close. The only other big difference would be the weight. I think the RAH standard is 70 or so LBS heavier than the LL. That's why I was hoping to have someone speak up that has or had both, and why they switched. if I knew I was never going to have to worry about a 2nd person I think the LL Cycle version is pretty much unbeatable; 230 lbs, 26 cu Ft of storage and < min setup. Very small bed tho.

Might not be a big deal to you organized types but the the big plus for me on the RH widened is the huge bed. Even two up with Sue there's plenty of room to have clothes and other essentials laid out for easy grabbing.

If I was rich I would own both. The RH for three day plus camping and the LL for over nights while traveling cross country.

Alas, I will have to stick with my 30 year old Quicamp until somebody adopts me.

Quote Originally Posted by patdcop View Post
    If I was rich I would own both. The RH for three day plus camping and the LL for over nights while traveling cross country.
    In my opinion .. If you had an Aspen, you'd have the best of both worlds ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I have a Roll-A-Home standard ordered, Leesurelite was what I was first looking at for ease of setup, but ended up ordering RAH for the under the bed storage. You need to store most of your stuff on top of the Leesure Lite so you have to unload it before you set up. You are able to access RAH storage, when folded up, or set up.
    Is your plan to pull the RAH with the bike and sidecar?

I am a little apprehensive concerning the storage arrangement for the LeesureLite as well. I am really leaning toward the RAH Standard as well.

I have a Combi Camp (older LL cycle / RAH single style) & love it. It does however need canvas replacement (chasing tears the past year) & I'm trying to decide if I want to replace canvass & add basement or get a RAH widebed, or Aspen Classic. The only reason I'm looking at them is I'm tired of low crawling into/ out of bed (THINK I'm short enough to sleep sideways in a classic? 5'10"). Knowing my cheap self I'll probably just replace the canvass & add basement

(Threadstarter)

Guys, I'm really not sure what the deal on storage is about.... I've done a three week trip with my partner and never had need for more storage. I have added a total of 29.75 pounds of gear to the LL INSIDE and never found my supplies lacking.I don't put anything on top, but could. Wouldn't be too hard to unclip one waterproof bag. Please remember that if you have enough room for the kitchen sink, you'll probably take it with you. And the added 100 pounds to an already heavy camper could be a problem. And my mattress is in place, and can nap on it with the memory foam in place. For the evening sleep, I take the added 3 minutes and inflate the air mattress which stays in place. If the other campers are like my old Bunkhouse, you have to "unmake" the bed to lift the hatch to get to the storage area under the mattress. Not a big deal, but a PIA to me. But, best thing to do... buy something and use it. It'll be fun no matter what you choose....

apopj,

I also travel light. A tent, pad, bag, some clothes... all on a sport bike, no trailer. When I had a Goldwing and a Bushtec trailer, I always packed too much crap. Some of it I never used on the trip. I got over that stage. I figure there's always a store somewhere if I need something bad enough. I've even used a flat rate box from the post office to send stuff home while on a trip.

Don't feel bad if others on here want to pull 800 lb. trailers behind their bikes. For me, lighter is better.

Others have different opinions about how much they needto bring along. I don't say that to knock others, but I get by with less.

Oh, great review of the camper trailer!!!