Thread: Timberlake Campground

Timberlake Campground

Just thought I would throw out a quick review of the place I am at. I took off for a few days just to ride and see where it took me. Sounds nice but no, I had this place all planned out. There truly is nothing else like it, in the area or anywhere I have been. Timberlake, the owner and the land it sits on has a 110 year History well worth reading about on their site. Pics can be seen on the site in the interactive map and it shows you pics of the different areas. I opted for a Full Hook up RV site as it fit my needs, of powers and shade. The restrooms and showers are very well kept.
    It is all very heavily wooded except for the Large RV area. The tent sites are ALL walk in, very private but very doable for those of you that pack on Bikes and there are several that have parking close to the site for your Bike. The site I choose as seen in my pic, is up on the hill (27) and could if need be, accommodate several bikes and tents though it is all gravel surface. The Owner is very nice and even helped me push my Trailer back into the site. This after he drove me all around to pick out the best one for me. Timberlake, unlike ALL the other Campgrounds in the area, sits up in the hills back in the trees and away from the hwy and Train Tracks....ALL Quiet here, slept like a baby.
    Timberlake has a clubhouse that would make this local perfect for a Motocamping Event.
    If you ever find yourself coming this way, be sure and make this the place you plan on staying at.

www.timberlakecampgroundandrvpark.com

SCRC Ch. 183 N. Atlanta quadancer's Avatar

Re: Timberlake Campground

Quiet + trees + water supply + flat spot. Heaven.
    If'n ya boards ain't a-sparkin',
    then you is just a-parkin'!

DARKSIDE RULES!