Thread: Faulkton City Park. Faulkton, SD

Faulkton City Park. Faulkton, SD

My riding buddy and I were crossing South Dakota a few days ago and we were looking for a place to stop for the night. We found a nice place in the City of Faulkton, SD, just a block or so off of US-212. The city park allows tent and RV camping for up to 4 days. After 4 days, there's a phone number posted and you're to contact the city for more information.
    We set up our 2 tents in a nice level grassy area near the gravel parking lot. We were the only visitors that night. The sign said free camping and there's a small donation box if you want to contribute.
    Along the fence line that separates the parking from the grass, there are a few electrical boxes with large plugs. In a few of the boxes were the standard household 15 amp receptacles. I used one to charge my little netbook.
    They have a small building with a men's room and a women's room, with flush toilets and a sink with running water. Outside the building is a small drinking fountain.
    We were happy to stay there and glad the city allows overnight camping! We'll stay there again if we pass through that way.

Re: Faulkton City Park. Faulkton, SD

Wow! Sounds great!
    2011 Heritage / 2010 Rollahome

Okie Girl