Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steel Steeds motorcycle camp in Pa

Re: Steel Steeds motorcycle camp in Pa

Quote Originally Posted by badsland View Post
    Hi:
    This is Diane, one of the owners of Steel Steeds. If you are primitive camping, you can just pull in and camp. If you need water/electric, we have sites. We have kept it reasonably priced.
    That is a wonderful combination. I have not seen any campground, MC only or otherwise, adopt that policy and it makes so much sense! It'll be a while, but eventually I hope to get the chance to visit.

Oh, and welcome to MotoCampers.

Green states, camped in - Orange states, ridden in.
    Jerry
    2013 DL650 V-Strom ADV, 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 1990 Honda VTR250

the Motorcycle only type campgrounds I've been in have all been this way. Roll in and pick a spot, set up and then go see 'em about registration, next day if it's night time.

Yes, that's the way all the MC campgrounds are in my experience, too. The difference here is the marked-off electric sites in addition to the freeform setup for everyone else. That's the genius part.

You guys know they're having two campouts this year there that I know of so far. One on May 5-6, that's their pig roast and another one in September.

HI all, Bluetic please check their web site the pig roast is on may 17th not the 5th. we hope to see yous their again. thanks al

Quote Originally Posted by badsland View Post
    Hi:
    This is Diane, one of the owners of Steel Steeds. If you are primitive camping, you can just pull in and camp. If you need water/electric, we have sites. We have kept it reasonably priced.

We also have RVs for rent and cabins too (check out www.steelsteedscamp.com). We provide linens, blankets, towels for our accommodations if you ride in. There is a biker friendly tavern at the end of the campground for cold libations. Or bring your own. And the riding around us is totally awesome. From twisties to farmland, we have it all.
    My wife and I are headed to Steel Steeds today after work.
    This will be our first visit but from the phone call I had earlier with Bob at SS's I'm already sure it will be great. Sounded like a wonderful person and the website gives me the indication that it is a wonderful campground. If anyone's in the area stop by and give me a shout, Time Out pulled by a maroon and cream Kawasaki Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    My wife and I are headed to Steel Steeds today after work.
    This will be our first visit but from the phone call I had earlier with Bob at SS's I'm already sure it will be great. Sounded like a wonderful person and the website gives me the indication that it is a wonderful campground. If anyone's in the area stop by and give me a shout, Time Out pulled by a maroon and cream Kawasaki Voyager.
    Look forward to your report. I haven't had time to check out SS's yet this year. Might give it some thought for Labor Day weekend. Under 2 hr ride for me.